Warehouse Associate- Freezer/Cooler 2nd Shift
Job ID: WAREH002908
Type: Operations - Warehouse
Primary Location: Rockmart, Georgia
Date Posted: 03/17/2023
We Deliver the Goods:
- Start Pay Cooler: $17 an hour plus .50cent premium for cooler plus picking incentive!
- Start Pay Freezer : $17 an hour plus $2 premium plus picking incentive!
- Shift: Sunday Thursday / 4:00pm- finish.
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more!
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support Americas food distribution system.
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect.
Click Here for More Benefits Information
Position Purpose: As a Picker/Packer in the Freezer-Cooler, you will fill orders using state-of-the-art, voice activated technology. You will select individual 'each pick' product and/or case quantity product using paper documents, labels, and/or radio frequency scanners, palletizes product for shipment, checks expiration dates of fresh and/or fresh frozen products prior to shipment.
The work environment is indoors. The employee may be exposed to variable temperatures from the three different product climates (dry, cold, freezer). The floors may be concrete in the warehouse areas. The freezer temperature is -20 degrees below zero; a freezer suit is supplied by the company and Employees are encouraged to purchase appropriate thermal insulated foot gear and head gear for their personal use.
Accurately and efficiently pick product and prepare orders for shipment observing all safety regulations and ensuring all quality standards are met while maintaining the efficient flow of product through the production process.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Works independently and communicates well with other departments (verbally/written/computer) to move work through the system in an organized fashion.
- Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duties assigned to best serve the company.
- Accurately and efficiently pick and pack product according to established standards.
- Run scanning equipment.
- Pack orders to the customers requirement and/or from provided specifications.
- Meet established productivity standards and quality standards.
- Self-identifies mistakes, identify problems, and recommend solutions, provide candid and timely feedback to all levels in the organization, involve others in problem-solving when needed and see all responsibilities through to a successful completion.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / (GED) or Equivalent.
- Must be able to work the scheduled, assigned times and required overtime for the position.
- Able to stand, walk, reach, and lift repeatedly throughout shift.
- Able to communicate effectively and apply general math skills.
- Able to work reliably from verbal and written instructions.
- Able to lift, stack, and/or pull products off shelves, as well as replenish product, from various heights weighing between 10-35 pounds and generally up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location, throughout shift.
- Able to work in multi-temperature environments, i.e., cooler, freezer and dry.
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- Intermediate computer knowledge and ability to learn/use computer programs on the job.
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.