Supervisor, Warehouse Nights
Job ID: SUPER002036
Type: Operations - Warehouse
Primary Location: Spokane, Washington
Date Posted: 01/25/2023
We Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support Americas food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
- Salary Range - $55,000 - 65,000
Click Here for More Benefits Information
As the Warehouse Supervisor, you are responsible for overseeing the safety, productivity and efficiency of warehouse operations. You will be supervising employees and monitoring operational flow to create a culture of safety and family while providing to the customer experience. A successful candidate will have effectively demonstrated an ability to supervise, lead, and communicate effectively to multiple warehouse employees. This individual should possess strong attention to detail, dedication to safety, and a drive to provide quality in their work.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Communicating with warehouse associates daily under the direction of the Warehouse Manager.
- Attending effectively and consistently to employees; ensuring processes are followed.
- Supervising efficient operations of warehouse and transportation.
- Assisting in the hiring process and interviewing of potential employees.
- Training, supervising, and evaluating the performance of warehouse employees.
- Collaborating with team leads regarding personnel movement and workload completion.
- Maintaining attendance, productivity information, and employee performance logs.
- Monitoring supplies and directing replenishment efforts as needed.
- Ensuring that all equipment is in proper working condition and coordinating repairs.
- Planning and organizing the work and resource flow to complete shifts safely and effectively.
- Collaborating with other supervisors to improve production, quality, and communication.
- Ensuring that all merchandise and shipping containers are restocked for order selection staff.
- Supervising efficient operations of the warehouse, providing daily detailed reports to warehouse management and making adjustments during the shift to ensure efficiency in processes.
- Leading safe work practices in adherence with Core-Marks safety policies and requirements.
- Performing other tasks and duties as assigned.
- 2 or 4 year degree in Business or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2 to 4 years of experience supervising multiple employees.
- Intermediate knowledge of warehouse management systems, email systems, and Microsoft Office (word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to perform administrative work including: data entry and paperwork processing.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to disperse information to the company and across the warehouse.
- Ability to analyze data, review the operations information, and make suggested changes to improve operational performances.
- Ability to learn and use electronic warehouse management software. Physical ability to regularly lift, carry, and position: up to 10 lbs. regularly, up to 25 lbs. frequently, and up to 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Physical ability to handle objects, tools, and/or controls.
- Physical ability to stand for a significant period of time and walk continuously on occasion through the warehouse.
- Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, or reach may be required on occasion.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment which will expose the incumbent to a variety of noise and potential extremes in temperature.
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.