Stand Up Forklift Operator (Nights)
Job ID: 91231BR
Primary Location: Aurora, Colorado
Date Posted: 11/20/2023
Core-Mark continues to grow as the industry leader in fresh and broadline solutions for the convenience retail industry. With a reputation for empowering customers, employees, and communities, Core-Mark has become the largest, most comprehensive marketer of consumer goods in North America - offering a full range of products, programs, and solutions to convenience operators across the U.S. and Canada.
We Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America's food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
Core-Mark emphasizes personal growth and development for all associates. We believe that when you succeed, the company succeeds. We promote internally whenever possible and provide frequent training opportunities in several formats to help you meet your personal and career goals.
- Pay: $20 / hr
- Shift: Sunday - Thursday, 5pm - 1:30am
- 6+ months of experience operating stand up forklifts required
Warehouse associates are the foundation to our company's success. They work actively, safely, and independently to maintain the efficient flow of products through our distribution process, while ensuring quality standards. As a Forklift Operator, Non Formula, you will operate material handling equipment, such as a forklift, pallet jack, reach truck, etc.
The Forklift Operator transports incoming freight to inventory from staging areas for storage in the appropriate slots, on the multi-level racks in the assigned warehouse area and replenish/re-stock pick slots in a timely manner ensuring all safety, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and quality standards are met and to maintain the efficient flow of the production process Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Locates proper slot on storage racks, set pallets in place with forklift or hand stack items, enter product data and location into appropriate unit. Locates and performs count check of incoming freight in the staging area and transport to freezer with forklift/pallet jack.
- Replenishes pick slots with outgoing stock items according to next day's work orders. Rotates date-sensitive stock to the front of the rack and/or remove outdated out of date inventory according to company policy.
- Disperses over-stocked items to available slots for temporary storage.
- Removes empty pallets, cardboard packing, and strapping to the proper area or receptacles.
- Inspects empty pallets for damage, stack and move pallets with pallet jack or forklift to the proper storage area.
- Follows all preferred work methods, safety policies and procedures per company guidelines.
- Ensure work area is safe and report any unsafe conditions and/or acts immediately.
- Reviews work schedule, perform safety check on equipment, obtain supplies required to perform the work and prepare for operations.
- Puts on all required Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Gear.
- Meets required productivity and accuracy standards per location and company guidelines.
- Works from receiving sheets, computer print-out, established procedures and practices, written and/or verbal instructions. Inspects items for damage, perform temperature and quality checks and take appropriate action as needed.
- Performs general housekeeping duties in work area as needed.
- Removes batteries requiring recharging, replace with charged batteries and complete vehicle inspection checklist.
- Secures all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent
6+ months of experience operating Stand Up Forklifts required
6+ months Warehouse / distribution experience required
Must be able to work the scheduled / assigned times and required overtime for the position
Able to stand, walk, reach, and lift repeatedly throughout shift Able to lift, stack, and/or pull products off shelves, as well as replenish product, from various heights weighing between 10-35 pounds and generally up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location, throughout shift
Able to work in multi-temperature environments, i.e., cooler, freezer and dry
Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
Foodservice distribution or related industry experience
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.