Job ID: 91220BR
Primary Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Date Posted: 11/20/2023
Core-Mark, a Performance Food Group Company, is part of a Fortune 150 company that continues to grow as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $23 Billion in revenue. Through our distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
We Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America's food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
The key purpose of this position is to nurture the relationship of current customers by listening to their needs and then matching those needs with the products, services, and programs that we have to increase their profit margin.
As the Sales Account Consultant you will report to the Sales Account Manager. You will be responsible for strategically planned sales consulting calls with a set ledger of retail customers. On these calls you will meet with customers to consult on category insights, data analytics and all of Core-Marks many business solutions. A primary focus will be consulting with our SmartStock partnered retailers ensuring we are providing all the program services and value promised. Also inspecting that all of the customer requirements are being met like Planogram and category purchases are compliant. This individual should possess strong organizational skills, time management and most importantly sales consulting skills.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Conduct weekly consulting meetings at all our partnered SmartStock retailers that do not pay for Merchandise Service.
- Conduct once a month calls to all our partnered SmartStock retailers that do pay for Merchandise Service.
- Consulting on Ordering Solutions technology, Promotional Marketing Online, Smart Sets, RAD/SS.
- Provide program category management support.
- Provide monthly (VCI) Vendor Consolidation, Industry Info and Promotional consulting.
- Provide Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Conduct Annual (FMI) Focused Marketing Initiative meetings.
- Manage general issue resolution.
- Inspect and consult so SmartStock customer agreed requirements are being met.
- Ensure program Plano-o-grams are as expected.
- Cut in new products where opportunities arise.
- Advising accounts of discontinued, inactive, and replacement items; reviewing and monitoring plus-outs and promotions.
- Completing daily/weekly CRM/Repsly activity reports.
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
- Complying with health and safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
2-4 years selling & B2B business consulting with retail convenience products and programs experience.
Proven and successful sales ledger travel & effective time management experience.
High school graduate or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
Basic to intermediate abilities with Microsoft Office Applications.
Strong comfort level in learning selling technology.
Ability to work with mobile app-based technology and handheld ordering devices.
Must own a reliable vehicle with current insurance.
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.