Job ID: SALES002733
Primary Location: Sioux City, Iowa
Date Posted: 03/13/2023
We Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support Americas food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
Click Here for More Benefits Information
Our Sales Development Representative plays a critical role within of our sales team. You will visit customers on a regular basis to perform selling and merchandising functions in-store, including placing orders or assisting customer to enter online ordering systems. A successful candidate will have effectively demonstrated the ability to influence, provide a unique perspective, engage with customers on linking their priorities to our value proposition and understand the competitive landscape. This individual should possess strong attention to detail, critical thinking, communication skills and a drive to win.
- Merchandising according to established plan-o-grams and checking previously sold products for code dates.
- Growing sales through increasing sales to existing customer base or new accounts as required.
- Supporting Territory Managers sales strategies and key initiatives.
- Being customer service focused. Working in tandem and provide support to Territory Manager and Manufacture Vendors to promote Programs available through Core-Mark such as SmartStock, Smart Sets, VCI, marketing programs and other support services.
- Advising accounts of discontinued, inactive, and replacement items; reviewing and monitoring plus-outs and promotions.
- Ensuring follow-ups of all logistics according to chain contracts, including programs/specials, custom retail pricing, order books, and informational reports.
- Filing weekly call reports with Manager noting issues, action items and be able to handle tracking of action items until completed
- Communicating with Manager to discuss chain programs, competitive activities, and store-level opportunities.
- Keeping accounts in terms in accordance with Accounts Receivable.
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
- Complying with health and safety policies and procedures.
Skills & Experiences:
- Customer Service experience
- Minimum 2-4 years of retail/merchandising experience
- Experience working with a diverse group
- High school graduate or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Basic to intermediate abilities with Microsoft Office Applications.
- High comfort level in learning internal computer systems.
- Must own a reliable vehicle with current insurance.
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.