Job ID: 95279BR
Primary Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico
Date Posted: 02/12/2024
Core-Mark, a Performance Food Group Company, is part of a Fortune 150 company that continues to grow as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $23 Billion in revenue. Through our distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
We Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America's food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
- Salary $60,000 - $65,000 base plus uncapped commission plan.
- No weekends! Core business operations are Monday - Friday around the hours of 8-5PM
- Car Data Program including car allowance and mileage reimbursement
- Monthly Cell Phone Stipend
The Sales Representative position is responsible for maintaining, developing, and expanding a designated sales region. This is a classic "farming" position where you are given an assigned territory of convenience stores to sell our large portfolio of products and services. You will be assigned a portfolio of independent customers around an average of 50 stores (geography and number of stores vary by location). Your success and income potential is based on your ability to nurture and increase gross profit per week at each store.
This role is a field/on-the-road sales position that requires 100% travel across the assigned sales territory which includes Las Cruces, surrounding territories and East 1/3 of Arizona.
- Grow sales and profit margins through analyzing individual customer needs
- Educating the customer on convenience and foodservice promotions, programs, marketing policies, service, delivery specifics, and industry activities.
- Conduct sales presentations including sample convenience and foodservice products, and new product promotions.
- Execute on sales strategy and territory management, planning a sales approach customized with individual customers.
- Perform routine inspections of customers product sections and displays; as well as updating shelf tags.
- Establishing a personal relationship with the customer, to better understand their needs and requirements.
- Prospecting and onboarding of new customer accounts.
- Review weekly/monthly reports with the store manager and assist with any opportunities that may arise.
- Minimizes accounts receivable problems by monitoring accounts for compliance with credit terms and follows-up on any problems.
- Maintains awareness of pricing trends within sales territory, particularly for products, to ensure competitive pricing.
- Communicating back to our company any changes in product line or marketplace that may be of concern to our customer and to Core-Mark.
- Assisting with processing merchandise returns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proven success with closing sales for a variety of product lines with B2B
- Ability to travel & overnight once per week when necessary.
- General knowledge of food safety standards including basic HACCP practice and cold-chain integrity, transporting of perishable foods, and maintain Serv-Safe certification.
- Detail minded and organized, with an ability to work independently with little direction.
- Proven and successful sales ledger travel & effective time management experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skill set with a demonstrated ability to conduct professional, results driven customer presentations.
- Solutions-minded with an ability to analyze and critically evaluate situations.
- Ability to learn computer programs, systems, and new technology solutions as they relate to the position.
- Basic to intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Applications.
- Energetic and entrepreneurial spirit
High School Diploma/GED is required.
Must have a valid Driver's License
Must own a reliable vehicle with current insurance
2 + years of selling and B2B business consulting with retail convenience and/or foodservice products and programs experience
Experience with CRM platforms - Sales Force, SAP
Experience with Excel & Power BI
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.