New Business Development
Job ID: NEWBU001800
Primary Location: Macon, Georgia
Date Posted: 01/13/2023
We Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support Americas food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
- Compensation for this position is $65,000-$88,000 with Quarterly and Annual Bonus Potential.
- Mileage Reimbursement Program
- $50.00 USD monthly cell phone stipend
Click Here for More Benefits Information
The key purpose of this position is to find and develop potential clients and introduce them to the products, services, and equipment we have to offer. This is a hunter type role that is always looking for that next potential customer to help increase their profit margin.
As a New Business Development Rep, you will be responsible for identifying and developing new business in your territory. You will interface directly with convenience store operators on a daily basis and build a profitable value-added business partnership and relationship. You will educate customers on products and programs available through Core-Mark.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Increase profitable revenue opportunities
- Cold call within your geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Meet potential customers by growing and leveraging your network
- Research and build relationships with new potential customers
- Work with division and corporate team to develop proposals for potential customers addressing their needs, concerns, and objectives
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately
- Arrange and participate in internal and external customer debriefs
- Present to and consult with division and corporate management on business trends in effort to develop new services, products, and distribution opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the companys unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Present business development training and mentoring to others
- Participate in relevant industry events and networking opportunities
- Performs other duties
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Drivers License, reliable vehicle, and insurance coverage
- Cold Calling Experience
- Convenience Store Experience
- Salesforce experience
- College Degree
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.