New Business Development
Job ID: NEWBU002748
Primary Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Date Posted: 03/08/2023
We Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support Americas food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
- Motus Enrollment Mileage reimbursement program
- Base Salary range for this position is $55,000-$60,000 plus sales bonus incentive. New Business Development Reps typically receive between $42K -$90K in sales bonus incentives.
Click Here for More Benefits Information
Position Purpose: This position is a true Hunter sales role. You will be assigned a targeted geographical area to call on potential customers in the Convenience Store (C-Store) marketplace. The primary focus will be introducing decision makers to products and services offered by Core-Mark.
- Provide industry experience to create a consultative selling process
- Prospect and establish new accounts throughout your assigned territory.
- Maintain a pipeline by building relationships with decision makers to secure new business
- Deliver face to face sales presentations
- Close new business
- Perform required paperwork that may include activity reports, updating CRM, weekly expense reports, etc.
- Attend sales meeting, and industry functions such as Trade Shows
- Strong negotiation skill set, ability to react and execute on short notice
- Demonstrated / proven sales cold calling, B2B, and account maintenance
- Presentation skill set required
- Team Player, strong written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to seek key decision makers and generate new business through net working
- Retail, C-Store, Food Service, Beverage industry experience
- Experience with Microsoft office, excel, power point
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.