Job ID: 91214BR
Primary Location: Englewood, Colorado
Date Posted: 11/27/2023
Vistar customers are everywhere people work, play and shop. Vistar is America's leading candy, snack and beverage distributor with over 25 distribution centers delivering everything from popcorn to healthy meal replacements anywhere in the United States. Our success is rooted in working closely with our suppliers and customers to stay ahead of the latest snacking trends. Vistar has thrived by innovating, exceeding customer expectations and fostering a collaborative culture built on teamwork, doing what's right, and giving back to the communities we do business in.
The Industrial Engineer has a key role in implementing, managing, and optimizing critical systems that are essential to our food distribution warehouse operations. These systems include Vistar's Engineered Labor Standards and Associate Performance Tracking System. The Industrial Engineer will be instrumental in maintaining the integrity of the Warehouse Performance Management and Incentive system, which drives payroll for all warehouse operations. These systems are vital for tracking warehouse productivity and labor expense against management-directed goals. Additionally, the Industrial Engineer will be responsible for training, and will also support major projects and systems initiatives in Warehouse Operations, such as warehouse slotting, building move support, operational excellence, and customer service improvement initiatives. As a valued team member, you will collaborate effectively within the department and the organization as required and perform any duties assigned to best serve the company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish and maintain Engineered Labor Standards to ensure precise tracking of productivity and incentive compensation.
- Conduct regular assessments of engineered labor standards in conjunction with operational processes to validate their accuracy.
- Analyze and improve warehouse processes, workflows, and systems to drive enhancements, improve efficiency, and reduce operational costs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement process improvements aligned with labor standards and system capabilities.
- Develop and continually enhance labor standards training programs, encompassing Labor Management Systems (LMS) and warehouse-preferred methods training, ensuring effective system utilization, compliance, and performance measurement.
- Provide training, analysis, and support for substantial projects and system initiatives, including warehouse slotting, building relocation support, and operational excellence initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- This role requires approximately 75% travel
Required Education: Bachelors Industrial Engineering
1-4 years experience in Engineering for Operations/Warehouse
Required proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word)
Supply Chain Management: Understanding warehouse/transportation logistics and inventory management
Process Optimization: Ability to analyze and optimize workflows, reducing waste, and improving efficiency
Cost Management: Developing cost-effective strategies to minimize expenses while maintaining the efficiency and quality
Auto CAD LT drafting
Foodservice industry experience strongly preferred
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.