Human Resources Manager
Job ID: 90949BR
Type: Human Resources
Primary Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Date Posted: 11/30/2023
Core-Mark continues to grow as the industry leader in fresh and broadline solutions for the convenience retail industry. With a reputation for empowering customers, employees, and communities, Core-Mark has become the largest, most comprehensive marketer of consumer goods in North America - offering a full range of products, programs, and solutions to convenience operators across the U.S. and Canada.
We Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America's food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
Core-Mark emphasizes personal growth and development for all associates. We believe that when you succeed, the company succeeds. We promote internally whenever possible and provide frequent training opportunities in several formats to help you meet your personal and career goals.
- Competitive Salary + Bonus Potential: $85-100K with 20% annual bonus
- Working Model: 100% on-site Monday - Friday
This role is focused on managing all HR functions which include employee relations, administration of company policy, payroll, recruiting, hiring and other duties which support effective personnel management.
- Working as a business partner with all members of management and understanding their objectives so solutions can be provided to support the operation.
- Assisting with employee relations and facilitating issue resolution including investigation, documentation, and possible corrective action and consequence.
- Serving as an internal consultant to management on a broad range of HR topics
- Ensuring the completion of an accurate weekly payroll.
- Recruiting and hiring quality candidates to fill positions as needed
- Interpreting company policies and procedures
- Managing the on-boarding process for newly hired employees
- Coordinating employee event planning
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and legislation
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work collaboratively, and with employees at all levels
- Proven skills in successfully recruiting for numerous positions
- Expert interpersonal skills and a knack for conflict resolution
- Unwavering respect for the confidentiality of HR information
- Track record of success working at a fast pace
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Time management skills, oral/written communication skills, analytical skills, and the ability to work with little supervision are a must.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
3+ years of Human Resources Management experience
4 year degree in Human Resources, a related business course of study, or equivalent experience
Previous HR experience in a warehouse, or similar environment
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.