Job ID: 87763BR
Primary Location: Westlake, Texas
Date Posted: 09/18/2023
Core-Mark, a Performance Food Group Company, is part of a Fortune 150 company that continues to grow as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $23 Billion in revenue. Through our distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
We Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America's food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
Work Schedule: Hybrid with 2 days remote and 3 days in the office. Must be local to Dallas/Fort Worth.
The Category Manager position at Core-Mark provides the opportunity to work in a fast paced and exciting work environment and to support, develop and grow category offers that are delivered to our convenience retail customers. The position is responsible for working closely with Category Directors, Core-Mark Divisions, Cross functional teams within the corporate office and our vendor partners to grow sales, for maintaining and optimizing National Marketing programs and for identifying improvement opportunities across the portfolio of categories such as Hot Beverage, Cold Beverage and Supplies.
- Assist Category Directors with Foodservice and Supplies
- Pull and analyze data that lead to meaningful and actionable insights, make thoughtful and fact-based recommendations for improvement
- Prepare data and program information for vendor meetings to ensure engagements are efficient and effective as well as assist with conducting quarterly and yearly meetings as needed
- Assist in the development and implementation of programs that are relevant to our customers, profitable and drive category growth.
- Identify opportunities to grow and drive sales throughout all categories described above as well as trending categories.
- Assist in the development of process and procedure to educate the divisions, customers, and internal support teams on all the category trends, marketing program system utilizations and benefits of promotions opportunities to maximize in sales and profit.
- Assist in the development and presentation to customers for foodservice trends, program information and strategy at the Center of Excellence
- Lead and drive continuous improvements within the national promotional programs - coordinate with vendors, develop offers, communicate with divisions, measure performance and development improvement processes
- Support existing foodservice programs to ensure accuracy of programs, relevancy of offer and compelling marketing messages.
- Identify opportunities to enhance or develop new programs relevant to the convenience foodservice space for their current and future business needs
- Facilitate and assist the onboarding of new vendors and the continuous management of current vendors such as agreement changes, Item creations, term changes, Item transitions, billing inquires and more
- Manage and coordinate the foodservice program launches including timeline creation, task assignments and implementation to the divisions
- Assist with the management of the Core-Mark private label brands and categories to maximize sales, drive efficiency, and continue to build strategies to grow and maintain the current and future expansion of categories
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but will accept 5 plus years of experience in leu of degree
- 3-5 years of related industry experience in consumer products, food, retail, distribution or Category Management
- Strong data analytical skills
- Foodservice experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly organized
- Experience with assisting in content development, creation, and strategy
- Ability to multitask and direct multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent PC skills, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both in writing and verbally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated
- Ability to create and influence groups outside of their immediate environment
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.