Senior SEC Accountant
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is one of the largest marketers of fresh and broad-line supply solutions to the convenience retail industry in North America. Founded in 1888, Core-Mark offers a full range of products, marketing programs and technology solutions to over 45,000 customer locations in the U.S. and Canada through 32 distribution centers (excluding two distribution facilities the Company operates as a third party logistics provider). Core-Mark services traditional convenience retailers, grocers, drug, liquor and specialty stores, and other stores that carry convenience products.
$16 Billion in revenue and growing! Core-Mark is ranked 352 on Fortune’s 500 list of America’s largest companies. Our Corporate Culture provides a progressive, growth-oriented work environment, where you’ll enjoy greater autonomy, and a strong team atmosphere. We are seeking a professional with a high potential for advancement.
The primary responsibility of the Senior SEC Reporting Accountant is to prepare and coordinate the filing of the Company’s SEC documents on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP. The Senior SEC Reporting Accountant will also be responsible for accounting requirements under ASC 718 in connection with the company’s stock and option plans, along with researching technical accounting issues (acquisitions, new accounting pronouncements etc.).
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements, footnotes and disclosures required for 10-Q and 10-K SEC filings; including balance sheets, income statements, statements of shareholder’s equity and statements of cash flow.
- Partner with Manager of SEC Reporting in monitoring compliance with established SEC filings, contract review, and communication process.
- Assist with compliance and maintenance of XBRL requirements, including block tagging and detailed footnote tagging.
- Responsible for accounting requirements under ASC 718 in connection with the Company’s stock and option plans
- Prepare and review basic and diluted EPS calculations.
- Research new GAAP pronouncements and SEC regulations; including the preparation of technical accounting memorandums.
- Prepare financial reporting schedules for 8-Ks, Proxy and other SEC filings.
- Prepare accounting policies and other ad hoc accounting research projects as assigned.
- Maintain SEC binders/documentation for SOX compliance.
- Filing of SEC Form 3s, 4s, 5s, etc. as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AS FOLLOWS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is a must.
- CPA preferred
- Requires a minimum 4 years of experience in public accounting or combination of public accounting with public company experience.
- Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Previous SEC reporting experience.
KEY SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Excellent accounting skills and strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and SEC requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Excel as well as analytical and complex spreadsheet skills.
- Ability to drive process improvement.
- Very strong organizational skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Merchandiser - Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles Counties Los Angeles, California
- Warehouse Person (Nights) Los Angeles, California
- Sales Service Representative Corona, California