Director, Regional HR Business Partner
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE)www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
The Director, HR Business Partner acts as a strategic partner to the regional SVP for the East by identifying, prioritizing, and executing HR initiatives that directly reduce costs and/or increase revenue and profit, thereby enabling the business strategy. The HR director reports to the VP, HR Business Partner for Core-Mark, Jon Stuhl.
Align Talent and Culture Initiatives to Support Business Strategy
• Partner with regional business leaders to identify and prioritize key organizational capabilities, behaviors, and processes needed to achieve required business results. Use this prioritization to inform and align on corporate-wide HR initiatives and to align and develop region-specific HR initiatives. Example might be partnering within region to create better operations capability through systematic recruiting and partnering across all regions for the development of aligned competencies for selection and development of operations talent.
• Enable better workforce planning in both recruiting and talent management, supporting HR managers and Division Presidents in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the business strategy. Examples include, leading regional talent processes, such as performance management, 9box talent evaluation and employee development, and holding division HR accountable for quality workforce plans for promoting talent from within.
• Assist business unit leaders in providing employees with development opportunities that align with current and future performance standards.
• Ensure the execution of required employee training, and plan and execute capability-building training and development in line with business strategy.
• Assist business unit leaders in interpreting employee feedback (surveys, hotline calls, glassdoor data, and other data points) to cultivate the Core-Mark culture, living up to the company values, the promise of the employment brand, and promoting positive employee relations to prevent 3rd party representation.
Lead in the Function
• Contribute to company-wide HR strategic planning and manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR plan to contribute to functional initiatives.
• Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve HR policies and initiatives. Maintain knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends.
• Identify and drive the sharing of best practices across HR in the region to facilitate continuous improvement.
• Identify process optimization and shared transactional opportunities to increase the efficiency and accuracy of HR in the field.
• Partner with region and divisions to select, develop, and coach HR managers, HR generalists, and HR coordinators in the field.
• Facilitate a strong leadership and coaching culture.
Skills and Experience:
• Substantial business acumen
• Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between talent and other HR initiatives and business strategy
• Ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy
• Ability to identify new ways for HR to support the business strategy
• Ability to collect and synthesize large quantities of quantitative and qualitative data
• Ability to recognize trends and develop recommendations based on data analysis
• Ability to engage, inspire, and influence people
• Ability to develop and deliver relevant, effective training programs to targeted audiences
• Effective team player and networker
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
• Significant knowledge of HR policies, processes (e.g., workforce planning and talent management), and talent management practices
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and HRIS systems
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, HR management, or related field
• Graduate degree preferred
• 10-15 years of experience in Human Resources
- Merchandiser - Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles Counties Los Angeles, California
- Warehouse Person (Nights) Los Angeles, California
- Sales Service Representative Corona, California