Associate IT Project Manager
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
The Associate IT Project Manager leads, plans, executes, and finalizes projects on time, budget and scope. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. The incumbent uses standard project frameworks, defines project objectives and oversees quality control throughout the project life cycle.
The successful candidate has a demonstrated ability to manage the effort from project inception to completion. This individual should possess strong attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and a drive to add unparalleled organizational value. The Associate IT Project Manager must also be a hands-on leader, solid communicator, and not afraid of taking on challenges.
This position will be based in Westlake, Texas. Some travel between Canada and US (<25%) is required.
- Conduct basic business analysis through requirements gathering and validation of solutions against project objectives.
- Define project scope and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop project schedules to execute high quality projects on time and on budget
- Strong team player who collaborates well within a team and can support a team to achieve project goals
- Establish and manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and manage project risks and issues
- Manage scope, time or budget change using project change management
- Monitor project and report progress to stakeholders and senior management
- Gather and share enhanced methods or create new processes to improve best practices
Skills & Experiences:
- 3+ years of project management experience in enterprise environments.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, system analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience managing project budgets
- Working in teams of 3+ members.
- Positive, "can-do" attitude and customer focused approach to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, sincerity, and patience.
- Ability and willingness to for continual development, open to receive mentioning, coaching and putting new skills into practice.
- Proficient in Microsoft Projects and/or Smartsheets, MS Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation would be considered an asset but not required.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program all paid for by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan with a 50% match on the first 6% contributed, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger. THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
- Merchandiser - Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles Counties Los Angeles, California
- Warehouse Person (Nights) Los Angeles, California
- Sales Service Representative Corona, California