Class A Driver with Doubles Endorsement (Night Shift-Start Time 4PM)Apply Now
Job Title: Class A Driver with Doubles Endorsement
Reports To: Transportation Manager
Shift: Night (Swing Shift) 4 PM start time
Summary: The Class A Driver with Double Endorsement is responsible for driving specified tractor and trailers from the distribution center and deliver it to the hubs and back, while ensuring load is delivered timely and safely. Duties include complete pre and post-operational inspections, unhooks and hooks trailers to the proper tractor; operate equipment safely and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Drives set of trailers from the distribution center and deliver it to the hubs and back
- Completes pre-operational and post-operational inspections on all job related equipment to include tractors, trailers and off-loading devices.
- Ensures (Safe) proper hook-up’s of tractors and trailers
- Operates equipment safely and in accordance with DOT and company rules, and adheres to all local, state and federal laws.
- Completes daily driver paperwork and reporting per DOT and company requirements
- Assists in cleaning and maintaining tractors and trailers.
- Assist Hostlers while waiting for loaded trailers at the distribution center.
- Perform as a backup to Eureka Shuttle driver, all expenses paid.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned by the lead or management and business needs.
- Valid Class A-CDL is required
- Double Endorsement
- Must have a good driving record
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Ability to safely operate equipment in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
- A high school diploma (or equivalent) is required
- Preferably 1 year of experience as CDL Class A driver
- Experience delivering food and beverage products preferred.
- Valid Class A-CDL is required.
- Doubles Endorsement is required
The work environment is constrained to a driver environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit for long periods, use the hands to manipulate objects, talk, hear, type, look, and see. The employee is required to stand, walk, twist and turn. The employee is occasionally required to carry, push, pull, and reach above the shoulder, stoop, bend, and squat. The employee must routinely lift up a minimum of 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to weather of extreme temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
High School or better.
1 year:CDL Driving Experience with Class A License