Driver Helper - Want to Earn Your CDL?
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
Want to earn your CDL - Class A License?Want Core-Mark to pay for it? Look no further! core-Mark is looking for driver helpers who want to earn their CDL licenses. Work with us a Driver Helper for 4-6 months. Earn a chance to move into our Company Paid Driver Training Program!
As Delivery Driver Helper, you will be responsible for assisting drivers in providing accurate and timely product deliveries to customers on routes, ensuring product satisfaction, and contributing to customer experiences. You will work directly with our customers and experience the impact of serving community businesses and your fellow employees.
Do you work in a warehouse, construction, or other labor job? Have you worked for HEB Warehouse, Wal-Mar, GLI, Ben E. Keith, Silver Eagle, Sysco, PFG, Sygma, Amazon, Dollar General, O'Reilly's warehouses?
- 10-12 hours per day / 4-5 days per week
- AIR-CONDITIONED CAB!
- Start as a Driver Helper - Earn a Spot on in our Driver Training Program
- Core-Mark pays for your Truck Driving School - That's a $5,000 Investment in You!*
*Must be employed for 6 months and meet all performance and CDL requirements to enter Core-Mark's Driver Training Program.
- Assisting Drivers with off-loading products to customer locations.
- Loading and unloading truck and/or company vehicles by hand or by use of a hand truck or dolly.
- Placing products in areas identified by customers.
- Recording delivery information on daily delivery invoice/load list and completing documentation.
- Securing items in position on trucks to prevent damage during shipment.
- Collecting empty containers or merchandise when approved by Customer Service.
- Obtaining customer signature on receipt for pickup and delivery.
- Using on-board computer system and/or logbook to comply with DOT hours requirements
- Cleaning inside of the vehicle.
- Performing other tasks and duties as assigned.
Skills & Experiences:
- Must be able to follow policies and practices to ensure safety.
- Commitment to quality customer service by utilizing excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and communicate information accurately.
- Ability to operate computer and software programs and equipment.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to follow all established procedures and regulations.
- Ability to apply basic math and mechanical maintenance skills.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed is preferred.
Physical Demands &Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to lift, unload, and carry totes and bundles up to 30 lbs. repetitively and up to 60 lbs. occasionally, push up to 50 lbs., and move a dolly loaded with up to 250 lbs.
- Physical ability to maneuver loaded hand carts over a variety of inclines and surfaces.
- Physical ability to stand, sit, and walk frequently.
- Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting, and noise as determined by circumstances at accounts within assigned territory.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life,Disability,& Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness:401(k) Plan with a 50% match on the first 6% contributed, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
Delivery Driver / CDL Truck Driver / Warehouse
- Merchandiser - Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles Counties Los Angeles, California
- Warehouse Person (Nights) Los Angeles, California
- Sales Service Representative Corona, California