Driver Check-InApply Now
Established over 125 years ago, Core-Mark is a Fortune 400 company that continues to grow, with approximately $14 billion in sales, 30 divisions and 44,000 customer locations across the United States and Canada. Core-Mark is a leading distributor of fresh food and consumer packaged goods to the convenience retail industry. Core-Mark offers a full range of products, marketing programs and technology solutions; and is recognized as one of the largest and most valued marketers of fresh and broad-line supply solutions.
Our company culture provides a progressive, growth-oriented work environment, where you’ll enjoy greater independence, and a strong team atmosphere. We provide excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) or RRSP with employer matching and immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, voluntary benefits (US only), and opportunity for career advancement.
Want fresh? Count on us.
At Core-Mark, we celebrate difference and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. Core-Mark is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
The Driver Check-In position oversees the return process of the route delivery driver. The successful candidate must have an enthusiastic disposition enabling them to welcome each driver upon their return.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Check in Route drivers upon returning from Deliveries
- Separate, palletize, locate, and prepare; pallets, trays, crates, returns, etc., for return to designated areas
- Accurately processing and reconciliation of various logs, A/R – Cash/Receipts, POD’s – Load List, DVIR, Log Book
- Orderly staging and distribution to the warehouse of pallets, trays, crates, pallets etc…
- Ensure Dry Room Return Accuracy
- Coordinating with supervision, vehicle repairs and maintenance required as informed on DVIR
- Excellent Communication with drivers, department managers and others regarding delivery challenges. Timely processing of load condition reports to warehouse production manager(s).
- Other duties as requested by the transportation manager
- Performs other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent training in equipment operation from accredited school
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in similar field
- High school diploma or equivalent related job experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- AS400 Experience a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to analyze situations and drive decisions
- Candidate must be highly motivated and able to effectively interact with others in accomplishments of tasks.
- Must be willing and able, to work independently to complete time sensitive assignments. Must have a working knowledge in the use of Powered Industrial Trucks.
- Must have a working knowledge of DOT Log Book regulation and DVIR.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.