The Controller roll will eventually report directly to the Division President, and will have functional accountability to the corporate finance group located in South San Francisco. As a key member of the division management team, the Division Controller is responsible for timely review, interpretation and generation of recommendations related to division financial performance. The Division Controller is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the finance and accounting function, as well as, measuring its performance.
The Controller must also periodically review and evaluate major transnational processes in order to ensure internal controls are effective and the processes are efficient and cost effective.
- To be considered for this position, you must be willing to relocate to one of our Divisions, the position will most likely not be in the city/state for which it was posted.
- Accurate and timely measurement of results and reporting of divisional financial performance to division management and corporate accounting.
- Review financial results including revenue and expense trends with division’s management team and make recommendations for corrective action to mitigate variances from plan.
- Develop customer proformas to support pricing / bid process and evaluates actual profitability against expectations. Participate in Customer Business reviews as needed.
- Develop annual strategic and financial business plans in collaboration with division management team.
- Oversee accounts receivable function to ensure transactional integrity, adequate credit limits and bad debt reserves are established and day’s sales outstanding (DSO) is minimized.
- Monitor inventory management systems, policies and procedures to protect asset value. Special emphasis required to ensure proper procedures and controls are in place to keep inventory shrink at or below Company standard. Coordinate efforts of bi-annual physical inventory and timely, monthly reconciliation of perpetual inventory records.
- Oversight of Accounts Payable function ensuring transactions are recorded accurately, timely and in accordance with company policy.
- Timely filing of excise tax returns and ensure compliance with all other local regulatory and statutory filings.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled and analyzed in accordance with U.S. GAAP and company policy.
- Ensure division’s fixed assets are accounted for accurately and timely.
- Oversees on-site computer room operations to ensure effective and efficient use of systems.
- Provide leadership and management to the division finance department.
- Timely completion of SOX testing as required.
- Workpapers, schedules and/or other documents required for the annual or periodic audit are accurate, complete and submitted timely.