Manager, Warehouse (Days)
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
As the Warehouse manager, you are responsible for overseeing the safety, productivity and efficiency of warehouse operations. You will lead employees and monitor operational flow to ensure the effective use of people and equipment on a daily/nightly basis. A successful candidate will have effectively demonstrated an ability to coordinate processes within the warehouse and directly impact the operation efficiencies within the warehouse.
- Supervising the efficient operations of the warehouse; communicate to employees on a daily basis on company information and team encouragement.
- Collaborating in the development, implementation, and monitoring the standard operations procedures for warehousing and transportation.
- Ensuring that equipment is in proper working condition and arrange service actions when needed.
- Observing warehouse employee productivity and quality, and developing action plans designed to support and improve them.
- Evaluating warehouse activities, projected volumes, customer base, and product mixes within the warehouse and determine personnel and equipment needs based on evaluation.
- Leading safety policies and practices within the warehouse.
- Providing instruction, coaching, mentoring, and motivation as needed to maintain morale and encourage team work, pride and quality performance.
- Handling employee concerns, making sure consistent practices are followed.
- Monitoring the security of the warehouse.
- Monitoring supplies throughout shifts and direct replenishment efforts as needed.
- Reviewing operational flows through shifts and communicating with supervisors to gauge progress.
- Processing and reviewing paperwork as needed.
- Preforming periodic inventory counts and ensuring inventory system accuracy and integrity.
- Implementing procedures to handle possible customer and vendors requests.
- Collaborating in the implementation of warehouse and transportation employee training programs.
- Performing responsibilities for the selection and hiring of warehouse position candidates.
- Manage warehouse employee activities and evaluate performances.
Skills & Experiences:
- 2 or 4 year degree in Business or related field, or experience equivalent to schooling
- 3 to 5 years of experience supervising multiple employees.
- Thorough knowledge of warehouse operations and distribution.
- General mechanical and mathematic skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of warehouse management systems, email systems, and Microsoft Office (word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to perform administrative work including: data entry and paperwork processing.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to disperse information to the company and across the warehouse.
- Ability to analyze data, review the operations information, and make suggested changes to improve operational performances.
- Ability to learn and use electronic warehouse management software.
Physical Demands &Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to handle objects, tools, and/or controls.
- Physical ability to be present and to navigate through the warehouse.
- Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, or reach may be required on occasion.
- The warehouse environment with have exposure to a variety of noise and potential extremes in temperature.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life,Disability,& Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness:401(k) Plan with a 50% match on the first 6% contributed, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employee
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
- Merchandiser - Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles Counties Los Angeles, California
- Warehouse Person (Nights) Los Angeles, California
- Sales Service Representative Corona, California