Driver Check InApply Now
Established over 125 years ago, Core-Mark is a Fortune 400 company that continues to grow, with approximately $14 billion in sales, 30 divisions and 44,000 customer locations across the United States and Canada. Core-Mark is a leading distributor of fresh food and consumer packaged goods to the convenience retail industry. Core-Mark offers a full range of products, marketing programs and technology solutions; and is recognized as one of the largest and most valued marketers of fresh and broad-line supply solutions.
Our company culture provides a progressive, growth-oriented work environment, where you’ll enjoy greater independence, and a strong team atmosphere. We provide excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) or RRSP with employer matching and immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, voluntary benefits (US only), and opportunity for career advancement.
Want fresh? Count on us.
At Core-Mark, we celebrate difference and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. Core-Mark is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
As the Driver Check-In Coordinator, you report to the Transportation Manager. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the driver check-in and product returns process. This includes the physical collection of driver and customer paperwork and the accurate recording of all customer product returns.
In addition to steady hours and competitive pay, our workers also get:
- Generous medical, dental & vision coverage($60 to $190 per month depending on plan selected)
- 401(k) retirement savings with employer matching and immediate vesting
- Tuition reimbursement
- Permanent full time positions
- New breakroom
- A history of promoting from within
- Family like work environment
RESPONSIBILITIES – Day Shift (St
- Ensure the product returns process is followed accurately and in accordance with the Core-Mark Customer Credit and Returns Policy.
- Confirm all driver and customer paperwork is completed accurately.
- Check-in and process product returns from Core-Mark trucks.
- Ensure specifications and quality standards are consistently met with in-coming inventory.
- Communicate with Inventory personnel with regards to quality related issues.
- Prepare and stage inventory for put-aways.
- Support other Inventory Control duties as required.
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in a warehouse receiving environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication and problem solving skills.
- Dynamic team player who also works well independently.
- Able to take initiative and bring an enthusiastic attitude to the position.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft Office.
- Related experience in the Food Service Industry would be considered an asset.
Note: Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand. The employee is occasionally required to stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to stand and bend for up to ten hours. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and/or move 25 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.Additional Information:
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.