Customer Service RepresentativeApply Now
Established over 125 years ago, Core-Mark is a Fortune 400 company that continues to grow, with approximately $14 billion in sales, 30 divisions and 44,000 customer locations across the United States and Canada. Core-Mark is a leading distributor of fresh food and consumer packaged goods to the convenience retail industry. Core-Mark offers a full range of products, marketing programs and technology solutions; and is recognized as one of the largest and most valued marketers of fresh and broad-line supply solutions.
Our company culture provides a progressive, growth-oriented work environment, where you’ll enjoy greater independence, and a strong team atmosphere. We provide excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) or RRSP with employer matching and immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, voluntary benefits (US only), and opportunity for career advancement.
Want fresh? Count on us.
At Core-Mark, we celebrate difference and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. Core-Mark is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
A Career at Core-Mark
As a large, well-established company, we are proud to offer exceptional job stability and benefits to help our employees stay healthy, balance work and their personal lives and meet their long-term financial goals.
In addition to steady hours and competitive pay, our warehouse workers also get:
- Generous medical, dental & vision coverage ($60 to $190 per month depending on plan selected)
- 401(k) retirement savings with employer matching and immediate vesting
- Tuition reimbursement
- Permanent full time positions
- New breakroom
- A history of promoting from within
- Family like work environment
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative: Customer Service processes orders for material or merchandise received by fax, telephone, or personally from customer or company employee by performing the following duties:
·Process customer shorts, mis-picks and credits.
·Edits orders received for price and nomenclature.
·Informs customer of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer.
·Writes or types order form, or enters data into computer, to determine total cost for customer.
·Records or files copy of orders received according to expected delivery date.
·Checks inventory control and notifies stock control departments of orders that would deplete stock.
·Routes orders to departments for filling and follows up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates.
·Computes price, discount, sales representative's commission, and shipping charges.
·Receives and checks customer complaints.
·Confers with production, sales, shipping, warehouse, or common carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
·Attempts to sell additional merchandise to customer.
·Calls customers on call list to process orders for delivery
·Print and distribute order guides and reports for sales reps and customers
·Prints end of month reports and distributes to customers and interoffice
·Gather and distribute mail for out of town sales repsQualifications:
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
· Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work.
· Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
· Other Skills and Abilities:
Able to work independently with little supervision
10 key by touch
Accurate data entry skills
Typing skills 50 wpm
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.