The TM will manage a team of Sales Development Reps and/or Merchandisers, orchestrating cross-functional teams who effectively execute on the key company initiatives and account specific strategies. Territory Managers are expected to operate with honesty and integrity, representing Core-Mark positively, while delivering results in line with Company Standards. Market Share growth is a primary responsibility of the TM, through new account solicitation, acquisition, and effective use of the CRM tool.
Working in tandem with their team, a Territory Manager is responsible for driving positive results in all business related activity for customers, employees, and Core-Mark.
- Understanding and achieving the Territory annual sales plan.
- Managing the daily Territory sales activities towards achieving sales plan.
- Coaching Sales Development Reps and Merchandisers how to use the company’s strategies and programs.
- Working daily in the field with the Sales Development Reps and Merchandisers coaching and training best practices.
- Cold Calling and developing quality new accounts.
- Executing specific company programs like FMI (Focus Marketing Initiatives) conducting surveys and presentations to customers providing business plans for improved selling, VCI (Vendor Consolidated initiatives) gathering competitive invoices and helping customers consolidate suppliers to provide more efficient buying channel.
- Developing strategies creating sales growth through opening new accounts and selling more to existing customer base.
- Maintaining customer satisfaction and relationships through regular customer visits, report analyzing and daily support of Territory with overall customer service.
- Setting team goals and managing performance. Maintaining regular reports and meetings to monitor goals vs. achievements. Coaching and support to achieve those goals.
- Reviewing market information to determine customer needs, volume potential, pricing profiles, discount rates, and potential new sales channels.
- Interviewing, training, and conducting performance evaluations with sales people to build, develop, and control sales functions in the Territory.
- Implementing the corporate sales plan including products, promotions, and customer services, in accordance with corporate scheduling and objectives.
- Providing regular scheduled reporting and follow-up to General Sales Manager.
- Representing company at trade association meetings to promote company products and services.
- Educating Territory Sales team and customers with Category Management trends and opportunities.
- Active participation and involvement with Sales meetings, conferences and trade shows.
- Works with their Territory Sales Team to ensure all administrative responsibilities are being met i.e.: accounts receivables, credit application, account set-ups, program reporting and tracking. Adhering to all company policies.
- Comply with Health and Safety policies, procedures and related legislation.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 1-3 yrs. experience with sales team management required.
- Proven success developing new accounts and increasing existing customer base sales.
- Strong people and communication skills combined with the ability to be organized and multi-task are a must.
- Experience managing sales team actions towards meeting budgets and sales plans.
- Industry experience in the sale of consumer products to retail, grocery, convenience, and drug store mass merchandisers.
- Reliable vehicle, current auto insurance and valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Creative, proactive and able to work self-sufficiently is necessary.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Strong computer literacy specifically with Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- AS400 and Power Cube experience desirable
- High comfort level in learning internal computer systems
- Customer Centric
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, drive and walk short distances. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, crouch and bend. The employee is regularly required to handle electronics using hands and fingers. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 lbs., and occasionally lift 20-25lbs.