The role of the Territory Manager is to achieve the Business Plan, assigned for their geography, through direct interface with C-Store customers. The TM role represents Core-Mark as a business professional and top level sales person, capable of analyzing opportunities within the C-Store environment, to develop and implement effective strategies that will yield sustainable growth of sales and profit for Core-Mark and our Retail Partners.
The TM will manage a team of Sales Development Reps and/or Merchandisers, orchestrating cross-functional teams who effectively execute on the key company initiatives and account specific strategies. Territory Managers are expected to operate with honesty and
Integrity, representing Core-Mark positively, while delivering results in line with Company Standards. Market Share growth is a primary responsibility of the TM, through new account solicitation, acquisition, and effective use of the CRM tool.
Working in tandem with their team, a Territory Manager is responsible for driving positive results in all business related activity for customers, employees, and Core-Mark.
- Accountable for delivering the territory sales plan with targeted gross
- Accountable for territory market share
- Accountable for year over year growth, within existing accounts, through strategic use of company initiatives like VCI, FMI, Fresh, Core Solutions, Smart Stock,
- Measurable improvement reducing distribution gaps in historical DSD
- Educate customers on category management trends and marketing
- Build and develop customer pricing profiles for account specific profit
- Prepare ongoing territory sales forecast as directed by the General Sales
- Effective negotiating skills for closing the sale and customer term agreements.
- Coordination and participation of sales meetings, conferences, and
- Work with Credit Department to minimize exposure and manage high-risk
- Ongoing sales team training and development to ensure proper execution of all administrative activity (order taking, A/R, returns, tags, customer communication).
- Achieve GSM assigned goals for Corporate Marketing Program implementation.
- Build effective business relationships with all retail partners in assigned territory.
- Ensure employee compliance with all human resource policies, job requirements, and sales objectives, through ongoing training and development of direct
- Effectively source, recruit, hire, train, and develop talented people for Core-Mark.
- Provide effective leadership, ideas, and input, related to P&L activity and results.
- Identify new opportunities with a new business target list and solicitation strategy.
- Effectively use the technology resources provided, to analyze the current business state and provide focus, direction and effective selling strategies to the sales
- Effective computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, ) for data mining, data analysis, information dissemination, and sales communication.
- BS or BA in Business
- Minimum of 5 years of C-store industry knowledge in sales or account management
- Intermediate or Advanced Microsoft Suite skills
- Exceptional Organizational and Time Management
- Effective Relationship Building, Networking, and Prospecting
- Merchandiser - Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles Counties Los Angeles, California
- Warehouse Person (Nights) Los Angeles, California
- Sales Service Representative Corona, California