Merchandiser Summer StudentApply Job ID MERCH02665 Date posted 05/07/2019
Merchandiser Summer Students
IN-DIRECTLY REPORTS TO
Central Territory Manager requiring support
Assigned to local Central GTA (Markham, Beaches, Acton, Hamilton)
Monday to Friday Part Time depending on required vacation coverage.
As a merchandiser you will support vacation coverage on weekly Shell and Pioneer merchandising calls. In addition to assist with the TSC and University Smart Stock roll outs including new store openings and realignments.
As merchandising representative, your main focus falls into three areas:
- Conduct the site visits as assigned on a consistent and timely manner. Report anytime you are not able to meet the expectations.
- Complete all reporting requested to track the execution of the role
- Having valid driver’s license, insurance and vehicle Monday to Friday during core daytime business hours
- Responsible for the tools and materials provided to execute the job. (Tablets, cell phones, imark ordering tools, POS materials etc.)
- Customer service liaison between customer and Core-Mark always representing CMI in a positive and respectful manner.
- Wearing Core-Mark shirts and or jackets provided.
- Reporting any customer service concerns to the Sales Coordinator when required
In Field Actions
- Utilize Droid Pads (tablets) to track, conduct and submit daily Merchandising calls.
- Utilize provided Droid Pad/Tablet to access on “cloud”, “One drive” or “drop box” guidance and tools to execute daily merchandising calls.
- Merchandising calls will include: store surveys gathering specific facts and submitting via excel documents, rack by rack product backfills, planogram checks, plano realignments, expiry date code checks, destroy spoils, credit/claim support , promotional activity set ups & tear downs.
- maximizing visibility and positioning of products in the store
- reviewing company policies & procedures with customers
- Accurate Pricing
- Inventory Control
- Order Suggestions
- Support Process of returns and credits
- Check for back stock and ensure perishables are dated
- Stage merchandise in appropriate aisles
- Follow planograms
- Rotate stock according to date
- Place and display any promotional displays
- Remove any garbage or totes
- Clean Smart Stock Racks
- Temperature check
Responsibilities are wide spread and may vary call to call or week to week training & guidance always provided. You are a key part of our customer relationship and represent Core-Mark. Your professional manner and business execution is a critical part of helping the company meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and other vendor partners.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1 year retail or direct customer contact experience would be beneficial but not mandatory.
Must own a reliable vehicle with valid driver’s license and auto insurance
Ability to plan an efficient geographical daily route using a customer list provided. (Google Maps, GPS, etc.)
Commitment to all employment terms with excellent attendance. Limited time off (May to September 2019) and ability to work with flexible hours based on company needs.
Basic abilities with MS Office Applications.
This is not necessarily a complete list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed.
Criminal background check, References and/ or Employment Verification are a condition of employment.
Core-Mark is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a HR representative.
Licenses & Certifications
- Merchandiser - Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles Counties Los Angeles, California
- Warehouse Person (Nights) Los Angeles, California
- Sales Service Representative Corona, California