Sales & Development Representative-Vacation Relief
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
Our Sales Development Representative plays a critical role within of our sales team. You will visit customers on a regular basis to perform selling and merchandising functions in-store, including placing orders or assisting customer to enter online ordering systems. A successful candidate will have effectively demonstrated the ability to influence, provide a unique perspective, engage with customers on linking their priorities to our value proposition and understand the competitive landscape. This individual should possess strong attention to detail, critical thinking, communication skills and a drive to win.
- Merchandising according to established plan-o-grams and checking previously sold products for code dates.
- Growing sales through increasing sales to existing customer base or new accounts as required.
- Supporting Territory Managers sales strategies and key initiatives.
- Being customer service focused. Working in tandem and provide support to Territory Manager and Manufacture Vendors to promote Programs available through Core-Mark such as SmartStock, Smart Sets, VCI, marketing programs and other support services.
- Advising accounts of discontinued, inactive, and replacement items; reviewing and monitoring plus-outs and promotions.
- Ensuring follow-ups of all logistics according to chain contracts, including programs/specials, custom retail pricing, order books, and informational reports.
- Filing weekly call reports with Manager noting issues, action items and be able to handle tracking of action items until completed
- Communicating with Manager to discuss chain programs, competitive activities, and store-level opportunities.
- Keeping accounts in terms in accordance with Accounts Receivable.
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
- Complying with health and safety policies and procedures.
Skills & Experiences:
- Customer Service experience
- Minimum 2-4 years of retail/merchandizing experience
- Experience working with a diverse group
- High school graduate or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Basic to intermediate abilities with Microsoft Office Applications.
- High comfort level in learning internal computer systems.
- Must own a reliable vehicle with current insurance.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life,Disability,& Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness:401(k) Plan with a 50% match on the first 6% contributed, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
- Merchandiser - Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles Counties Los Angeles, California
- Warehouse Person (Nights) Los Angeles, California
- Sales Service Representative Corona, California