Sales Development RepresentativeApply Now
Established over 125 years ago, Core-Mark is a Fortune 400 company that continues to grow, with approximately $11 billion in sales, 30 divisions and 37,500 customer locations across North America.
Core-Mark is a leading distributor of fresh food and consumer packaged goods to the convenience retail industry. Core-Mark offers a full range of products, marketing programs and technology solutions; and is recognized as one of the largest and most valued marketers of fresh and broad-line supply solutions.
Want fresh? Count on us!
We are currently recruiting for a part timeSales and Merchandising Representative to service our customers in Hinton/Edson and surrounding areas. This is a part time position working 20 to 25 hours per week.
As the Sales and Merchandising Representative, you will report to the Merchandising Manager. You’ll work independently and be responsible for the maintenance of product displays in customer stores, rotating product, invoice check-in, and of course merchandising.
You will drive to customer locations (city and highway driving) using your personal vehicle, to meet with the customer, place merchandise in the display areas following set plan-o-grams, ensuring that every square foot of the store is properly set according to plan.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Understand and executemerchandising activities for each client site
- Accurately report in-store results through the computer tools and processes provided
- Merchandising products and follow rotation requirements
- Organize displays and perform set up and maintenance of products in retail stores
- Display and arrange products according to Plan-o-gram
- Stocking merchandise on shelves and ensure movement of products from stock room to sales floor
- Ensuring displays are organized and visually appealing
- Sustain comprehensive knowledge of products, features, and benefits
- Active participation and involvement with quarterly sales meetings
- Client complaint resolution and escalating to Territory Manager when necessary
- Educating customers on trends and opportunities
- Proven retail merchandising and sales experience.
- Outside sales experience a major asset
- Ability to lift and move up to 50lbs frequently
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation with availability and willingness to frequently travel throughout designated sales territory; some infrequent overnight travel may be required.
Importantly, from a culture perspective, this person will be passionate, results oriented, collaborative, have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
Other preferred qualifications include:
- Interpersonal savvy with the ability to build and maintain strong Client/Customer relationships
- Ability to project a clean and professional image at all times
- Commitment to thorough and consistent communication and follow up with internal and external customers and/or stakeholders alike
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly dependable and organized to meet deadlines and time constraints to continuously surpass targets
Our company culture provides a progressive, growth-oriented work environment, where you’ll enjoy greater independence, and a strong team atmosphere. We provide excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, RRSP with employer matching and immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, and opportunity for career advancement.
At Core-Mark, we celebrate difference and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. Core-Mark is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.