Text CORE to 97211 to apply
Under supervision of the Accounts Receivable Manager, the Account Receivable Clerk is responsible for calling customers regarding collections, assists sales representatives/accounts with billing issues, and researching payment history.
- Daily calls customers regarding collections
- Assists sales people in resolving billing problems by researching account information and providing current and accurate data to sales representatives using information from computer and manual files
- Monitors sales representatives accounts receivables
- Answers telephones, provides information and responds to inquiries, requests and complaints related to accounts receivable and credit information
- Establishes and maintains manual and computer files
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Knowledge equivalent to completion of four years of high school and 1 – 2 years of related accounts receivable and credit experience.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to be able to discuss issues with customer and sales
- Knowledge of standard office operating procedures and practices
- Ability to prepare reports utilizing computerized office applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and key information into a database, etc.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks and deal effectively with interruptions
- Must be able to perform detailed work accurately and efficiently within required time constraints.
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of internal and external customers
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Normal office environment not subject to extremes in temperature, noise, etc
- Frequent interruptions to assist employees and customers in person and on the telephone
- May spend extended periods of time at the computer terminal, at desk, or on the telephone and operating other office equipment requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity
- Occasional lifting, bending, standing and carrying files, documents and records