Supervisor, TransportationApply Now
Forrest City, Arkansas; Job Reference ID: SUPER05508
Company Description:Apply Now
- Schedule vehicle repairs and maintain requisite DOT reporting.
- Arrange vehicle fueling in the most cost efficient manner. Arrange temporary vehicles as required • Monitor driver requisite operating skills.
- Assist Transportation Manager in coordination of driver training and testing as required..
- Maintain DOT vehicle condition reporting
- Ensure application of safety, accident-prevention standards, methods, and procedures in accordance with OSHA and DOT regulations
- Provide excellent customer service through a well-organized and efficient transportation department. • Collaborate with Core-Mark counterparts to develop and implement world class transportation infrastructure and process guidelines.
- Collaborate with peers to drive improvements in division performance against key metrics
- Drive efficiencies within the department through timely implementation of programs and processes to increase revenues and reduce expenses through effective management of human capital and fleet
- Seek opportunities to improve routing operations, increase back-haul revenues, and improve departmental results
- Maintain a safe and healthful working environment by promoting and managing safety at all levels of the operation
- Provide effective leadership and conduct performance management to foster professional growth of department personnel
- Support and encourage open door policy to ensure open lines of communication with employees responding to employee needs in a timely and effective manner.
- Participate in the overall transportation operation to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local, and company regulations; including, but not limited to, DOT, OSHA, food safety, and Company Standards
- Participate in the selection, hiring, discipline and termination of department personnel
- Other duties as needed
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience in a transportation environment
- Experience in a distribution / warehouse environment a plus
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations, CDL Class A required
- Knowledge of on-board computers a plus
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office expertise required; warehouse management system experience preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to analyze situations and drive decisions
- High school graduate degree required with 2 years higher education or equivalent;
- Demonstrable experience successfully transforming a functional organization and working across functional areas.