Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company and leading distributor of fresh food and packaged goods to the convenience retail industry across the United States and Canada. Our 130-year legacy is built on embracing new challenges, delivering new solutions, and always supporting our customers and each other. Our success comes from both the power of our individual team members and working together as a team.
This is a full-time role supporting locations North of Edmonton and surrounding areas in Northeast Alberta and into Northwest Saskatchewan.
You will work with a team of Sales & Development Representatives orchestrating cross- functional teams who effectively execute on the key company initiatives. Operate with honesty and integrity, representing Core-Mark positively, while delivering results in line with Company standards.
Market share growth is a primary responsibility of your position, through new account solicitation, same store growth and exceptional customer service and business planning.
Working in tandem with your team, you will be responsible for driving positive results in all business related activity for your customers, employees, and Core-Mark.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding sales plan with targeted gross margins;
- Growing territory market share through account solicitation;
- Strategic category sales growth (marketing plans, vendor consolidation, fresh and local, food service programs, etc.);
- Educating customers on category management trends and opportunities;
- Business reviews and long-term growth strategy;
- Building and developing customer profiles for specific account pricing strategies;
- Preparing annual sales forecast in collaboration with the General Sales Manager;
- Active participation and involvement with sales meetings, conferences and trade shows;
- Work with the Credit department to assist with high-risk accounts;
- Work with team members and across departments to ensure all initiatives are executed properly;
- Execution of focused marketing initiatives;
- Successfully monitor progress against, and achievement of, goals set through our corporate marketing programs;
- Building “partner” business relationships with all accounts in assigned territory;
- Coach and mentor the Sales & Development Representatives to ensure all goals and objectives are met.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS or BA in a business discipline or related field experience;
- Five (5) years of sales experience and account management;
- Experience leading a team, including training and motivating others to achieve;
- Convenience or retail sales experience is considered an asset;
- Experience in this territory is considered an asset.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Customer service oriented;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including group presentation;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.);
- Excellent knowledge of convenience industry;
- Exception organization and time management skills;
- Strong relationship building, networking and prospecting skills;
- Effective strategic thinking and execution skills;
- Ability to travel that will include regular overnight stays;
- Reliable vehicle, current automobile insurance and valid driver’s license with a clean driving record;
- Regularly required to walk, stand, sit (or combination of) for up to 10 hours or more;
- Safely operate a motor vehicle at all times of the day and evening, in all weather conditions.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed.
Pre-employment screening, including a criminal background check and employment verification, are a condition of employment.