Merchandiser - Cuba, NMApply Now
Established over 125 years ago, Core-Mark is a Fortune 400 company that continues to grow, with approximately $14 billion in sales, 30 divisions and 44,000 customer locations across the United States and Canada.
Core-Mark is a leading distributor of fresh food and consumer packaged goods to the convenience retail industry. Core-Mark offers a full range of products, marketing programs and technology solutions; and is recognized as one of the largest and most valued marketers of fresh and broad-line supply solutions.
Our company culture provides a progressive, growth-oriented work environment, where you’ll enjoy greater independence, and a strong team atmosphere. We provide excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) or RRSP with employer matching and immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, voluntary benefits (US only), and opportunity for career advancement.
Want fresh? Count on us.
At Core-Mark, we celebrate difference and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and
our community. Core-Mark is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
As a Merchandiser, you report to the Territory Manager/Merchandising Manager. You’ll work independently and be responsible for the maintenance of product displays in our customers’ stores by rotating product, invoice check-in, and of course, merchandising. Your efforts are critical to our sales goals and our customers’ profitability. You’ll be the face of Core-Mark, the first line of customer service and a partner for the retail store in ensuring the store reaches its sales and profitability potential. You’ll be the liaison between the customer and Core-Mark.
As a Merchandiser, you’ll drive to customer locations using your personal vehicle, to meet with the customer, place merchandise in the display areas following set plan-o-grams, ensuring that every square foot of the store is properly set according to plan. You must be able to assess critical needs and notify management immediately of any issues. You’ll also assess customer sales and identify which items are not selling or are discontinued for each particular customer, making recommendations for replacement items that will increase sales and profits for the customer.
Your responsibilities are widespread. You are a key part of our customer relationship and represent Core-Mark. Your professional manner and business execution are a critical part of helping the company meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and other vendor partners.
- Performs customer service for stores of assigned accounts.
- Provide merchandising, stocking, pricing, shelf-facing, stock rotating, and product and shelf cleaning.
- Rearranges store shelves or display areas as required by each store.
- Reports any merchandise shortages, overages, or inventory sheet errors and may return inappropriate merchandise as needed.
- Monitors potential account problems at the store level and reports to the Manager when required.
- Maintains safe store aisles.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Current driver’s license and liability insurance
- HS diploma, GED certificate or equivalent
- Reliable vehicle to use for work
- Must be a self- starter
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to follow and complete instructions
- Reliable attendance record and ability to work overtime if required
- Maintain professional work conduct and appearance
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- Ability to lift approximately up to 60 lbs
- Ability to bend, kneel, stand, lift, and perform physical labor for multiple hours at a time
- Safely operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to read and understand store plan-o-gram and set instructions
- Ability to work in customer storage areas which may not be air conditioned
- Ability to operate a computer, a hand held inventory control device, and calculators
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Generous Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Company Paid Life, STD and LTD Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings with Employer Matching and Immediate Vesting
- Tuition Reimbursement