Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
As the Territory Manager, you will be responsible for driving strategic sales growth and educating customers on category management opportunities. You will use your insights and our tools to drive customers forward and contribute to their future and ours. A successful candidate will have effectively demonstrated the ability to influence, provide a unique perspective, and understand the competitive landscape.
You will work with a team of Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) orchestrating cross-functional teams that effectively execute on the key company initiatives. Market share growth is a primary responsibility of your position, through new account solicitation, same store growth and exceptional customer service and business planning. Working in tandem with your team, you will be responsible for driving positive results in all business related activity for your customers, employees, and Core-Mark.
This is a full-time role supporting Edmonton and surrounding areas North.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding sales plan with targeted gross margins.
- Growing territory market share through account solicitation.
- Strategic category sales growth (Marketing Plans, Vendor Consolidation, Fresh and Local, Food Service Programs, etc.).
- Educating Customers on category management trends and opportunities.
- Business reviews and long-term growth strategy.
- Contributing to and reviewing the long term sales growth strategy.
- Building and developing customer profiles for specific account pricing strategies.
- Negotiating agreements with customers.
- Preparing annual sales forecast with the General Sales Manager.
- Active participation in sales meetings, conferences, and trade shows.
- Addressing and engaging with economic and competitive conditions within the territory.
- Collaborating with Credit Department to assist in high-risk accounts.
- Work with team members and across departments to ensure all initiatives are executed properly.
- Execution of Focused Marketing Initiatives.
- Successfully monitor progress against, and achievement of, goals set through our Corporate Marketing Programs.
- Building "partner" business relationships across all accounts.
- Responding and resolving customer concerns.
- Coach and mentor SDRs to ensure all goals and objectives are met.
Skills & Experiences
- BS or BA in a business discipline or related field experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of sales experience and account management.
- Convenience or retail sales experience preferred.
- Experience leading a team, including training and motivating others to achieve.
- Ability to work in the field a majority of the time; managing reports and customer base.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Ability to travel that may include overnight stays.
- Reliable vehicle, current auto insurance and valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Excellent customer service, communication and presentation skills, and knowledge of the industry.
- Strong relationship building, networking, and prospecting skills.
- Effective strategic thinking and execution skills.
- Proficient computer and Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, etc.) specifically with data analysis.
Core-Mark provides a competitive compensation package.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Medical Coverage including Massage Therapy, Chiropractic and other Paramedical Practitioners
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability and Employee Assistance Program
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays and Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness: RRSP Matching Program, Direct Billing and Scholarship Opportunities for Children of Employees
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
- Merchandiser - Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles Counties Los Angeles, California
- Warehouse Person (Nights) Los Angeles, California
- Sales Service Representative Corona, California