National Category Manager Confectionery, Snack, Retail Beverage
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE)
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
Overall responsibility include National Confectionery, Snack, and Retail Beverage Categories. Additional responsibilities include program analysis & compliance reporting, category analysis and vendor analysis as well as negotiating contracts.
- Develop and execute industry leading initiatives and strategies to increase the profitability of Core-Mark and our retail partners nationally.
- Develop strategic sales initiatives to promote the growth of the non-cigarette business in Canada with assistance of the Director in both chain and independent customers
- Work with Division Presidents and their teams to grow the non-cigarette sales business profitably through targeted initiatives as determined by the business and this role.
- Work with the Division General Sales Managers to execute marketing programs and initiatives effectively to the internal field team and retailers alike.
- Develop annual advertising and promotional calendars to tie in relevant campaigns to support pre-determined initiatives/strategies.
- Provide direction to the national purchasing team as it relates to item set up and stock levels necessary to execute related initiatives.
- Negotiate annual Vendor Agreements with vendors in the related categories of responsibility.
- Trade Marketing categories may include but are not limited to Confectionery, Snack and Retail Beverage
- Communicate with the Division Presidents, General Sales Managers, Purchasing Managers, Territory Managers, and Corporate Account team to execute the initiatives
- Report progression on pre-determined strategic Key Performance Indicators a monthly basis back to the business
- Monitor industry trends and to stay ahead of our competition on key channel initiatives and strategic directions
Skills & Experiences:
- Post-Secondary Education, Business Administration Diploma required
- Advanced Skills with MS Office Applications
- Proficient use in MS Excel
- Ability to learn new software programs like MSA (Management Science Associates)
- High comfort level in learning internal computer systems
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Medical Coverage including: Massage Therapy, Chiropractic, and other Paramedical Practitioners
- Core-Benefits: Life (includes dependent coverage), Disability, & Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness: RRSP with a 50% match on the first 6% contributed, Paid Direct Drug Card, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
Core-Mark is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact an HR representative.
- Merchandiser - Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles Counties Los Angeles, California
- Warehouse Person (Nights) Los Angeles, California
- Sales Service Representative Corona, California