Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the General Maintenance Technician (non-union position) is responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance of the facilities (3) and grounds in accordance with internal policies and procedures and external regulatory requirements. The main responsibilities of the role will include working on and improving the internal areas of each facility and assisting and addressing ongoing maintenance needs.
This is a full-time role at 40 hours per week. Work days are Monday to Friday, with a variation of shift hours, which are dependent on the specific job functions required in our business. The General Maintenance Technician will also be required to travel locally between the two Calgary facilities (approx. 4.2KM distance) during shifts, and occasionally to the Edmonton facility (approx. 324KM distance) for any maintenance requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contributing to the operations and general maintenance of our facilities (2 Calgary and 1 Edmonton);
- Assisting with and participate in inspections, tests and regular maintenance;
- Performing generalized departmental support functions and maintains facility and grounds as required (i.e. moving boxes or supplies, attending to facility appearance, general cleaning duties such as sweeping/mopping, dust removal, debris removal from work areas, etc.);
- Addressing assigned tasks and minor maintenance repairs involving electrical, carpentry, painting, welding as required;
- Performing all work in accordance with Division and Corporate Health & Safety Policies and Procedures;
- Evaluating issues, assess impact, determine and perform correction action, calls contractors as required;
- Recognizing and addressing potential and existing issues and escalate to supervisor as required;
- Other duties as required.
- General construction/building and maintenance experience required;
- Related vocational education and training an asset;
- Ticket in Electrical would be considered an asset;
- Must have working knowledge and ability to employ safe working practices at all times;
- Accountability to safety excellence as well as a genuine passion for safe working practices is a non-negotiable requirement of this position;
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook;
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required to travel between our two distributions centers in South East Calgary;
- Commitment to thorough and consistent communication with maintenance team and Warehouse Managers
- Availability to work extra hours as needed on business requirements;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- A clean, neat appearance and enthusiastic approach to tasks and responsibilities