Territory Manager - Boston NorthApply Now
Core-Mark, a Fortune 400 company that’s pioneering the delivery of fresh food and growing opportunities for you.
This position directs and leads the overall effort to maximize sales, distribution and profitability within the assigned area.The Territory Manager assists assigned Sales Associates in planning, organizing, directing schedules and evaluating the work of direct reports.The Territory Manager is also responsible for compliance of Company standards and policies in all areas impacted by the assigned division.Qualifications:
• Plan, execute & Achieve division goals and objectives for sales, product distribution and service.
• Work with Chain Account Managers, Merchandisers, Equip Technicians, Retail Services within assigned areas with regards to sales, service information and equipment.
• Communicate regularly with managers, customers, sales force, et. al. to stay current on market-wide business trends and developments.
• Provide market and competitive information to sales team as it pertains to sales strategy decisions.
• Ensure optimal and maximum utilization of promotional programs and company resources.
• Plan, organize and facility trade shows.
• Work with sales team to secure new business and building on existing accounts.
• Identify, target and develop potential new accounts within assigned territory.
• Identify opportunities to increase sales, profitability, efficiency and service levels.
• Work with Regional Manager to evaluate compliance to company standards and identify coaching opportunities.
• Assist in the selection, indoctrination and training of sales personnel within the division.
• Ensure route coverage at all times, monitor vacations, excused time and cover routes on as-needed basis.
• Schedule/prepare sales meetings
• Performs other work related duties as assigned.
• 4 Year Degree in related field or comparable work and/or educational experience that would equal a degree.
• Comprehensive knowledge of convenience store sales, plus sales and strategic marketing within assigned area.
• Proven record of achievement in sales within a multi-layered sales organization.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Proven analytical decision-making and problem-solving skills
• 2-5 years supervisory experience
• Flexibility to work extended hours as needed, including late nights and weekends
• Knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office, specifically with email (for communication), Word (for letters, reviews, etc.) and Excel (data manipulation and/or data gathering) and Power Point for presentations.
• Working knowledge of computerized hand held order systems.
• Valid state driver’s license and safe driving record
• Must be willing to travel to accounts within assigned territory with occasional overnights.
• Must have high speed home internet connectivity
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
ABOUT CORE-MARK (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Established over 125 years ago, Core-Mark is a Fortune 400 company that continues to grow, with approximately $11 billion in sales, 30 divisions and 37,500 customer locations across the United States and Canada. Core-Mark is a leading distributor of fresh food and consumer packaged goods to the convenience retail industry. Core-Mark offers a full range of products, marketing programs and technology solutions; and is recognized as one of the largest and most valued marketers of fresh and broad-line supply solutions.
Our company culture provides a progressive, growth-oriented work environment, where you’ll enjoy greater independence, and a strong team atmosphere. We provide excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) or RRSP with employer matching and immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, voluntary benefits (US only), and opportunity for career advancement.
Learn more about our career opportunities:
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow us on LinkedIn:
Want fresh? Count on us.
At Core-Mark, we celebrate difference and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. Core-Mark is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.