Supervisor, Warehouse (Days)
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
As the Warehouse Supervisor, you are responsible for overseeing the safety, productivity and efficiency of warehouse operations. You will be supervising employees and monitoring operational flow to create a culture of safety and family while providing to the customer experience. A successful candidate will have effectively demonstrated an ability to supervise, lead, and communicate effectively to multiple warehouse employees. This individual should possess strong attention to detail, dedication to safety, and a drive to provide quality in their work.
- Communicating with warehouse associates daily under the direction of the Warehouse Manager.
- Attending effectively and consistently to employees; ensuring processes are followed.
- Supervising efficient operations of warehouse and transportation.
- Assisting in the hiring process and interviewing of potential employees.
- Training, supervising, and evaluating the performance of warehouse employees.
- Collaborating with team leads regarding personnel movement and workload completion.
- Maintaining attendance, productivity information, and employee performance logs.
- Monitoring supplies and directing replenishment efforts as needed.
- Ensuring that all equipment is in proper working condition and coordinating repairs.
- Planning and organizing the work and resource flow to complete shifts safely and effectively.
- Collaborating with other supervisors to improve production, quality, and communication.
- Ensuring that all merchandise and shipping containers are restocked for order selection staff.
- Supervising efficient operations of the warehouse, providing daily detailed reports to warehouse management and making adjustments during the shift to ensure efficiency in processes.
- Leading safe work practices in adherence with Core-Mark’s safety policies and requirements.
Skills & Experiences:
- 2 or 4 year degree in Business or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2 to 4 years of experience supervising multiple employees.
- Intermediate knowledge of warehouse management systems, email systems, and Microsoft Office (word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to perform administrative work including: data entry and paperwork processing.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to disperse information to the company and across the warehouse.
- Ability to analyze data, review the operations information, and make suggested changes to improve operational performances.
- Ability to learn and use electronic warehouse management software.
Physical Demands &Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to regularly lift, carry, and position: up to 10 lbs. regularly, up to 25 lbs. frequently, and up to 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Physical ability to handle objects, tools, and/or controls.
- Physical ability to stand for a significant period of time and walk continuously on occasion through the warehouse.
- Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, or reach may be required on occasion.
- The warehouse environment with have exposure to a variety of noise and potential extremes in temperature.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life,Disability,& Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness:401(k) Plan with a 50% match on the first 6% contributed, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
- Merchandiser - Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles Counties Los Angeles, California
- Warehouse Person (Nights) Los Angeles, California
- Sales Service Representative Corona, California