As the Merchandiser, you report to the Territory Manager. You’ll work independently and be responsible for the maintenance of product displays in customer stores, rotating product, invoice check-in, and of course, merchandising. As a merchandiser, your efforts are critical to our sales goals and our customer’s profitability. You’ll be the face of Core-Mark, the first line of customer service and a partner for the retail store in ensuring the store reaches its sales and profitability potential. You’ll be the liaison between the customer and Core-Mark.
As a Merchandiser, you’ll drive to customer locations using your personal vehicle, to meet with the customer, place merchandise in the display areas following set plan-o-grams, ensuring that every square foot of the store is properly set according to plan. You must be able to assess critical needs and notify management immediately of any issues. You’ll also assess customer sales and identify which items are not selling or are discontinued for each particular customer, making recommendations for replacement items that will increase sales and profits for the customer.
Your responsibilities are widespread. You are a key part of our customer relationship and represent Core-Mark. Your professional manner and business execution are a critical part of helping the company meet and exceed the expectations of our customers and other vendor partners.
- A merchandising representative must manage his or her territory and act as a liaison on business activities.
- Gather strategic information for divisions, key account teams, vendors and corporate category managers.
- Communicating daily with Managers, and others on the Core-Mark team to quickly alert managers of critical customer issues.
- Merchandising key marketing programs which could include Dairy, Bread and Fresh products.
- Eliminating out-of-stocks and ensuring plan-o-gram compliance
- Capitalizing on secondary display opportunities
- Ensuring that products are properly faced, priced, and identified
- Ensuring promotional displays and POS has been utilized
- Completing appropriate administrative tasks
- Working safely, dressing professionally, and executing daily tasks in a responsible and efficient manner.
- Submitting time sheets and mileage reports in a timely manner.3
- Setting stores with consumer goods using Core-Mark schematics.
- Ensuring all products are displayed in the correct sales location according to store sets.
- Following up with customer needs and concerns in a timely manner, ensuring great customer service.
- Ensuring stock rotation (products are fresh and within date code parameters).
- Timely processing of returns using hand held inventory control devices.
Efficiency of the sell-through
- Ensuring plan-o-gram, marketing best practices, and compliance in store.
- Ensuring promotions, displays, and cross-merchandising initiatives.
- Identifying and reducing out-of-stocks on shelf.
- Maximizing visibility and positioning of products in the store.
- HS diploma, GED certificate or equivalent.
- Ability to drive to convenience stores using personal transportation.
- Active valid driver's license, reliable automobile with active valid insurance. (You will receive mileage and gasoline reimbursement.)
- Ability to read and understand store plan-o-gram and set instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, packing and unpacking consumer goods, able to kneel to stock shelves, able to reach and lift to stock shelves.
- Ability to work in customer storage areas which may not be air conditioned.
- Ability to operate a computer a hand held inventory control device, and calculators.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to perform math calculations.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing