Established over 125 years ago, Core-Mark is a Fortune 400 company that continues to grow, with approximately $11 billion in sales, 30 divisions and 37,500 customer locations across the United States and Canada. Core-Mark is a leading distributor of fresh food and consumer packaged goods to the convenience retail industry. Core-Mark offers a full range of products, marketing programs and technology solutions; and is recognized as one of the largest and most valued marketers of fresh and broad-line supply solutions.
Our company culture provides a progressive, growth-oriented work environment, where you’ll enjoy greater independence, and a strong team atmosphere. We provide excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) or RRSP with employer matching and immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, voluntary benefits (US only), and opportunity for career advancement.
Want fresh? Count on us.
At Core-Mark, we celebrate difference and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. Core-Mark is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
This position is responsible for the overall management of Division Inventory, including ensuring daily accuracy and the coordination of weekly cigarette inventory and semi-annual physical inventories. Includes over-seeing the inventory return process.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and maintain a high-performance culture, resulting in continued success meeting functional KPIs and improved levels of customer service to interior and exterior customers.
- Identify and develop key talent to ensure success of all individuals in the Inventory Management Group.
- Ensure accurate reporting of Weekly Inventory Issues and the status of issues of concern.
- Manage Inventory Auditor and Cycle Counters to ensure effective daily Inventory status corrections, including the coordination of verifying accuracy of products with potential freshness or dating issues.
- Manage periodic Salvage Sales and coordination of Inventory resolution issues with various Department Managers.
- Weekly analysis of Cigarette Stamp inventories and purchase of additional stamps from various regulatory agencies, including the safe-guarding and control of the stamps.
- Collaborate with Core-Mark counterparts to develop and implement Inventory Management procedures and process guidelines.
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiencies in Division Intra-Departmental activities by establishing strong working relationships with all Department Managers.
- Identify Aged Inventory opportunities and partner with the appropriate personnel to ensure appropriate resolution.
- Over-see the inventory return process and personnel, including Driver Check-In and Dry Room. Maintain Dry Room Inventory levels to company standards.
- Identify Dry Room Opportunities in partnership with appropriate personnel to ensure appropriate resolution.
- Update daily tracking spreadsheets for the ongoing accuracy of Shrink reporting and analysis of various causes of Shrink, including discussion with Management.
- In partnership with other Divisional Staff is responsible for the flawless execution of our Semi-Annual Physical Inventory as well as the weekly Cigarette Inventories.
- Provide support to Controller on various financial related assignments.Ensure departmental compliance with all Sox regulations as well as other company policies and procedures.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in wholesale/retail industry Inventory Management, or similar experience working in a large inventory environment. Must possess working knowledge of Microsoft including Microsoft Office (97/2000 or greater).
- Demonstrable experience successfully transforming a functional organization and working across functional areas.
- Strong working knowledge of inventory management, as well as operational systems (AS 400 and other Inventory systems) Inquisitive, detail-oriented with strong quantitative analytical skills and an innovative approach to research and problem solving
- Excellent MS Office capabilities required
- Strong written communication and presentation skills also required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.