The Router Position is responsible for planning and coordinating the routing schedule of each Core-Mark, Albuquerque delivery route covering 5 states and making 1600+ deliveries per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans the delivery route to be taken by each driver in the delivery of goods and products to Core-Mark, Albuquerque customers. Determines needed stops and most precise use of available trucks to most efficiently meet delivery demands. Incorporates customer delivery demands in terms of unloading and delivery time into the routing schedule in an effort to most effectively and efficiently utilize the fleet, and to reduce the cost of delivery related expenses.
- Prepares loading and driver sheets showing the route assigned and ensures that each driver is provided an accurate and understandable listing of stops for any particular day; updates this information by completing a weekly and master loading and driver sheet listing for use in planning and evaluation activities.
- Prepares specific request notes identifying particular loading and delivery activities as desired by customers or warranted by the delivery schedule, in an effort to enhance the effectiveness of the delivery activity.
- Identifies and assigns backhaul orders to the appropriate delivery driver in an effort to ensure that the backhaul is assigned to the driver who will be delivering to that particular area.
- Performs route analysis to ensure efficiency, mileage reduction and equipment utilization.
- Works with sales and customer service departments to ensure customer needs are met including special deliveries.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 1+ years’ related experience (routing, scheduling, or logistics) and/or training.
- Working knowledge of Roadshow or equivalent routing software.
- Personal computer skills inclusive of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations.
- Demonstrates ability to plan and organize your own work activities; analyze and disseminate numerical data; manage work time efficiently; follow procedures and policies; perform basic mathematical calculations; identify and solve problems; maintain a file system to include alphabetical, numerical, and chronological filing activities.
- PC Literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
** All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. **
- Generous Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Company Paid Life, STD and LTD Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings with Employer Matching and Immediate Vesting
- Tuition Reimbursement