Job ID: 91192BR
Primary Location: Ypsilanti, Michigan
Date Posted: 11/20/2023
Core-Mark continues to grow as the industry leader in fresh and broadline solutions for the convenience retail industry. With a reputation for empowering customers, employees, and communities, Core-Mark has become the largest, most comprehensive marketer of consumer goods in North America - offering a full range of products, programs, and solutions to convenience operators across the U.S. and Canada.
We Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America's food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
Core-Mark emphasizes personal growth and development for all associates. We believe that when you succeed, the company succeeds. We promote internally whenever possible and provide frequent training opportunities in several formats to help you meet your personal and career goals.
- Salary is $45,000 annually
- Mileage reimbursement
- Monthly cell phone stipend
Responsible for the development of sales account business, with emphasis on overall profitability through both new sales and account penetration. Also, supports customer service activities for customers, thereby increasing visibility of the Company in the marketplace and maximizing market share. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and performs any duty assigned to best serve the company.
- Generates additional business through analyzing individual customers; samples products with existing and potential customers; plans general sales strategy including time and territory management; plans sales approach with individual customers; and conducts effective sale presentations.
- Grows sales and profit margins on an ongoing basis.
- Sets up new customer accounts by determining pricing; works with Credit Department for initial authorization; and other center personnel for scheduling of order-taking, deliveries, etc. Performs initial follow-up work with customer ensuring delivery and products are satisfactory.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by providing an exemplary level of service by working closely with other center personnel to coordinate efforts to prevent and resolve customer problems. May be personally responsible for making deliveries in emergency situations.
- Builds additional business with current customers by selling them on additional products in order to maximize profitability of individual accounts.
- Minimizes accounts receivable problems by monitoring accounts for compliance with credit terms and follows-up on any problems.
- Maintains awareness of pricing trends within sales territory, particularly for products, to ensure competitive pricing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Willingness to learn the sales functions
- Coachable and flexible
High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent Experience
1-2 years logistics customer service experience or related area
Valid driver's license required
Must be able to work required shift and hours scheduled
Travel to customer locations as needed
Bachelors: Business management, sales / marketing or related area.
2-4 years foodservice industry sales experience.
Experience is retail and merchandising
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.