Driver Check In Clerk
Job ID: 91136BR
Primary Location: Clanton, Alabama
Date Posted: 11/20/2023
Performance Foodservice, PFG's broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants, and other experts builds close relationships with customers - providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection, and operational strategies. The Performance team delivers delicious food but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
- Pay of $13.00 per hour with $2/hr attendance incentive available weekly!
- Shift is Sunday-Thursday 2PM-10:30 PM
We Deliver the Goods:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including Day 1 Health & Wellness Benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Employer Matching, Education Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more
- Growth opportunities performing essential work to support America's food distribution system
- Safe and inclusive working environment, including culture of rewards, recognition, and respect
Food and food service delivery Drivers fulfill a critical role in the country's food supply chain. Our delivery drivers not only make sure the customers' products arrive at their destination at the arranged times and in good condition, but they are the face of our company - building lasting relationships with our customers!
As a Coordinator, Driver Check in, you will play a vital role in ensuring our drivers are checked-in accurately and all returned products are processed accordingly. As the Coordinator, Driver Check in, you will be responsible for checking in Delivery Drivers and ensuring the accuracy of the check-in and returns process. Communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Check-in drivers upon returning from deliveries. Receives Driver's receipts of the day's customer deliveries, reconcile cash and checks and place in the safe. Examines and verifies all returned items to be re-entered into inventory.
- Files Department of Transportation (DOT) logs and company vehicle maintenance reports.
- Reconciles damaged goods and returned items and re-enter items into the appropriate categories within the inventory system, as required.
- Communicates with inventory personnel over quality related concerns.
- Communicates with drivers, department managers, and others regarding delivery challenges.
- Assists in the coordination of vehicle repairs and maintenance as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent
6+ months in a warehouse environment
Administrative support performing basic math and computer data entry skills
Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent
1+ years in warehouse environment and interfacing with customers within foodservice industry
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.