Job ID: TRANS019592
Primary Location: Tolleson, AZ, US
Date Posted: November 23, 2022
Shift is Monday – Friday
From 2 PM – 10 PM
$ 17.00 per hour
Full benefits on Day 31 of employment.
It all flows through you. As the Transportation Clerk/Dispatcher, you will take orders from request to reality, in an environment where you’ll feel and create a culture of safety and family. You will support the transportation team in improving production processes and maintaining daily business. This includes performing administrative tasks such as; maintaining documents, directing incoming calls, providing reports, and supporting a variety of other functions to ensure that the transportation team is providing Core-Mark customers with exceptional service and quality.
- Assisting with the dispatching of drivers and notifying customers on route changes.
- Answering incoming calls from customers, drivers, and internal departments.
- Maintaining all DOT required files and other reports (vehicle inspection, fuel, and mileage).
- Inputting data into our computer system and generate reports as needed.
- Monitoring documentation for renewals such as drivers, licenses, and medical cards.
- Coordinating aspects of the hiring process; such as pre-employment testing and paperwork.
- Assisting with the processing of driver payroll.
- Performing other tasks and duties as assigned.
Skills & Experiences:
- High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED) certificate, or equivalent experience.
- Strong math skills (addition/subtraction/division/multiplication).
- 1-3 years of experience in a transportation, warehouse, or manufacturing setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of Department of Transportation regulations.
- Prior experience with SAP and/orAS400 or the ability to learn to use these programs.
- Computer proficient with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting, and noise as determined by circumstances at accounts within assigned territory.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time and Holidays
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.