IT Operations Support Technician
Job ID: COMPU017200
Primary Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Date Posted: May 25, 2022
Category: Information Technology
Core-Mark is one of the largest marketers of fresh, food, and broad-line supply solutions to the convenience retail industry in North America. Founded in 1888, Core-Mark, part of Performance Food Group’s family of companies, offers a full range of products, marketing programs, and technology solutions in the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
The IT Operations Support Technician position is a professional-level position responsible for the data processing operations at Core-Mark distribution centers as well as the support, monitoring, and maintenance of all technology solutions at facilities across the United States and Canada. As an integral part of Core-Mark’s Information Technology group, this full-time permanent position provides efficient IT operational workflow services including preliminary troubleshooting and problem resolution in support of 24×7 operations.
The IT Production Operations group emphasizes personal growth and development for all associates. We believe that when you succeed, the company succeeds. We promote internally whenever possible and provide frequent training opportunities in several formats to help you meet your personal and career goals. Flexibility can be provided for a hybrid work environment with partial work from home.
In this role you will be part of a dynamic and collaborative team spread across the United States and Canada. We are a family that supports each other and brings out the best of all through knowledge sharing, fun, and camaraderie.
This position is located at our Los Angeles, California distribution facility.
- Performs regular, daily tasks critical to the workflow of Core-Mark operations for multiple facilities using an internally developed WMS application.
- Supports internal Core-Mark technology solutions, including Windows and LINUX based applications.
- Hands on and remote hardware support of devices such as printers, PCs, mobile barcode scanners, network equipment, and thin client terminals.
- Interfaces with 3rd party support vendors such as telecom companies, and contracted maintenance providers.
- Works collaboratively with other support teams in the IT organization.
- Works collaboratively with business stakeholders in problem resolution and solutioning.
- Contributes to company and IT department tasks, projects, training opportunities, and other initiatives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in learning and taking ownership of unfamiliar technology solutions
- Familiarity with end-user support, both local and remote
- Understanding of problem resolution methodologies and root-cause analysis
- Understanding of crisis escalation protocols
- Knowledge of IT ticket handling systems
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility to occasionally work alternate shifts for training purposes
- Availability for infrequent after-hours support in crisis situations requiring local presence
- 2+ years of experience as a computer operator, technical support professional, or call center analyst
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in computer/networking systems, a related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with IBM iSeries systems
- Familiarity with Atlassian Jira
- Availability for potential travel
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program all paid for by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees