Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow as an industry leader in fresh and broadline solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark. THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
As a Merchandise Associate, you will report to the Merchandise Supervisor. Your will be working in our customer retail locations and responsible for the maintenance and execution of our Mojo & SmartStock Programs. Activities include but are not limited to tote to rack merchandising, display rack assembly, plan-o-gram execution, rotating product, overall merchandising services. Your professionalism and business execution are critical contributions to driving business forward for our customers, vendors, and ourselves.
• Maintaining a detailed and specific call routine with a designated ledger of customers.
• Communicating daily with Merchandise Supervisor to gain updated guidance on program execution.
• Maintenance & execution of the Mojo & SmartStock program (racks/plan-o-gram/ordering, merchandising activities.
• Identifying and reducing out-of-stocks on shelves.
• Ensuring products are fresh and within date code parameters.
• Attending to customer needs and concerns in a timely manner.
• Ensuring plan-o-gram, marketing best practices, and compliance in stores.
• Identifying display opportunities and maximizing display positioning.
• Ensuring that products are properly displayed, priced, and identified.
• Finding solutions to possible customer challenges with assistance.
• Performing other tasks and duties as assigned.
Skills & Experiences:
• High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
• Ability to drive to customer locations using personal transportation (mileage and gasoline reimbursement will be provided).
• Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, reliable vehicle, and proper valid insurance.
• Must have valid insurance that meets minimum requirements per state law.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to use and understand store plan-o-gram and set instructions.
• Ability to learn how to operate a hand-held inventory control device, calculators, and computer.
• Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to perform math calculations.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
• Physical ability to lift, unload, and carry totes and bundles up to 30 lbs. repetitively and up to 60 lbs.
occasionally, push up to 50 lbs., and move a dolly loaded with up to 250 lbs.
• Physical ability to maneuver loaded hand carts over a variety of inclines and surfaces.
• Physical ability to stand and walk frequently and be able to drive for a significant period. of time
• Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting, and noise as determined by circumstances at accounts within assigned territory.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time and Holidays
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees