Job ID: TRUCK013690
Primary Location: Tacoma, WA, US
Date Posted: October 13, 2021
As a Core-Mark Driver, you will be responsible for providing accurate and timely product deliveries to customers on assigned routes, verifying and picking-up credits, and contributing to customers’ experiences. You will work directly with our customers, establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with them, ensuring quality from warehouse to store. Come drive with us and experience the impact of serving community businesses and your drive team family members.
To apply text CMjobs to 25000 for our Recruiting Assistant!
Core-Mark’s Total Rewards:
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Compensation! We are known for our compensation. Delivery Drivers don’t make below $25 an hour and the majority of our team is WELL over $32. We have drivers making over $100k because we don’t cap your performance pay. Call us and let’s talk compensation. You get rewarded for your work here!
- NEW beautiful trucks with top safety technology!
- $5,000 bonus in healthy installments as a thank you being a committed team member.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage starts at only 45 days!
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts with employer contributions
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program all paid for by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, and Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan with employer match!
- Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of our team members.
- Safety, Safety, Safety! Your well-being and the well-being of our community is number one priority!
- Preforming pre-trip and post-trip inspections of equipment, paperwork, and loaded product.
- Maintaining daily electronic driving logs.
- Drive to destinations as outlined in the manifest, in a safe, responsible manner and in compliance with all state laws and transportation regulations.
- Notifying Customer Service with any route changes, time delays, and non-delivered orders.
- Checking-in with customers at each designated account and serving as a Core-Mark representative.
- Finding solutions to possible challenges with the assistance of Customer Service.
- Unloading and delivering product to assigned area within account as directed by the customer.
- Assisting Customer Service and Buyers as needed in a prompt, professional manner.
- Checking for credits and processing them according to company guidelines.
- Submitting customer payments and paperwork to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Performing other tasks and duties as assigned.
Skills & Experiences:
- Current Class A commercial driver’s license, DOT physical card, and safe driving record.
- Commitment to quality customer service by utilizing excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate information accurately.
- Ability to operate computer and software programs and equipment
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to follow all established procedures and regulations.
- Ability to apply basic math and mechanical maintenance skills.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed is preferred.
Physical Demands &Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to lift, unload, and carry totes and bundles up to 30 lbs. repetitively and up to 60 lbs. occasionally, push up to 50 lbs., and move a dolly loaded with up to 250 lbs.
- Physical ability to maneuver loaded hand carts over a variety of inclines and surfaces.
- Physical ability to stand and walk frequently, and be able to drive for a significant period of time.
- Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, climb, or crawl.
- Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting, and noise as determined by circumstances at accounts within assigned territory.
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL
We are proud to be an essential supplier of food and goods to convenience stores and neighborhood market places. Our Drivers are state recognized as essential workers. We are proud to have a workplace community that takes caring for the local community and COVID19 safety seriously. In addition to wearing protective gear & conducting temperature checks, our work surfaces get sanitized routinely, and we have a partnership with a sanitation company that performs deep sanitation. Our team rated our COVID19 safe work practices and communications as exceeding expectations. According to Gallup, our team ranked us higher that most companies.
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada. Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.