Job ID: DRIVE013244
Primary Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
Date Posted: September 20, 2021
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
As the Driver Check-In, you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the check-in and product returns process. You will ensure the process is done efficiently and effectively through working directly with drivers when it comes to documentation and recording returns. A successful candidate will have played a key role in adding to the quality of the process and the customer experience.
- Checking-in route drivers upon returning from deliveries.
- Assisting in the unloading of merchandise from vehicles.
- Ensuring the product returns process is followed accurately and efficiently.
- Examining customer returns with merchandising received.
- Recording returns and ensuring all paperwork is completed accurately.
- Communicating with inventory personnel over quality related concerns.
- Separating, palletizing, locating, and preparing items for return to designated areas.
- Communicating with drivers, department managers, and others regarding delivery challenges.
- Assisting in the coordination of vehicle repairs and maintenance as required.
- Supporting other inventory control duties as required.
Skills & Experiences:
- High School Degree or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- 2-3 years of experience in a warehouse environment.
- Commitment to quality customer service by utilizing excellent communication skills.
- Ability to communicate information accurately.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to follow all established procedures and regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and intermediate general computer skills.
- Ability to apply general mathematics skills and concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- May require certification or ability to operate operation vehicles; such as pallet jack or forklift.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed is preferred.
Physical Demands &Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to lift, unload, and carry totes and bundles up to 30 lbs. repetitively and up to 60 lbs. occasionally, push up to 50 lbs., and move a dolly loaded with up to 250 lbs.
- Physical ability to maneuver loaded hand carts over a variety of inclines and surfaces.
- Physical ability to stand and walk frequently, and be able to drive for a significant period of time.
- Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting, and noise as determined by circumstances at accounts within assigned territory.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees.