Job ID: TRANS013198
Primary Location: Wilkes Barre, PA, US
Date Posted: September 14, 2021
To Apply Text CMjobs to 25000 for our Recruiting Assistant!
It all flows through you. As the Transportation Clerk, you will take orders from request to reality, in an environment where you’ll feel and create a culture of safety and family. You will support the transportation team in improving production processes and maintaining daily business. This includes performing administrative tasks such as; maintaining documents, directing incoming calls, providing reports, and supporting a variety of other functions to ensure that the transportation is providing Core-Mark customers with exceptional service and quality.
Monday – Friday 4pm start time (typically shift is 8hrs, can vary depending on business needs)
- Assisting with the dispatching of drivers and notifying customers on route changes.
- Answering incoming calls from customers, drivers, and internal departments.
- Maintaining all DOT required files and other reports (vehicle inspection, fuel, and mileage).
- Inputting data into our computer system and generate reports as needed.
- Monitoring documentation for renewals such as drivers, licenses, and medical cards.
- Coordinating aspects of the hiring process; such as pre-employment testing and paperwork.
- Assisting with the processing of driver payroll.
- Performing other tasks and duties as assigned.
Skills & Experiences:
- High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED) certificate, or equivalent experience.
- Strong math skills (addition/subtraction/division/multiplication).
- 1-3 years of experience in a transportation, warehouse, or manufacturing setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of Department of Transportation regulations.
- Prior experience with SAP and/orAS400 or the ability to learn to use these programs.
- Computer proficient with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting, and noise as determined by circumstances at accounts within assigned territory.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time and Holidays
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees