Job ID: MIDSH013197
Primary Location: Wilkes Barre, PA, US
Date Posted: September 14, 2021
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
SIGN ON BONUS UP TO $10,000!
Text CMjobs to 25000 for our Recruiting Assistant
- Monday – Friday
- Competitive base salary
- Eligibility to earn additional incentives
- Room for advancement
- Full Benefit Package after 45 days
This position is responsible for acting in partnership with the Transportation Manager to direct all functions of the Cross Dock facility to include, managing workforce including routing, delivery, maintenance, DOT compliance and other transportation related functions.
- Manage the tactical operations as well as strategic function of the transportation department.
- Effectively manage transportation budget exceeding $8.5M while continually exceeding our customer’s expectations.
- Collaborate with Core-Mark counterparts to develop and implement world class transportation infrastructure and process guidelines.
- Collaborate with peers to drive improvements in division performance against key metrics
- Drive efficiencies within the department through timely implementation of programs and processes to increase revenues and reduce expenses through effective management of human capital and fleet
- Continuously pursue opportunities to improve routing operations, increase back-haul revenues, and improve departmental results.
- Maintain a safe and healthful working environment by promoting and managing safety at all levels of the operation
- Provide effective leadership and conduct performance management to foster professional growth of department personnel.
- Support and encourage open door policy to ensure open lines of communication with employees responding to employees needs in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage transportation operation to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local, and company regulations; including, but not limited to, DOT, OSHA, food safety, and Company Standards.
- Responsible for overall selection, hiring, discipline and termination of department personnel.
- Plan and organize what work and resources are required to effectively meet on-time delivery requirements.
- Ability to change/manage the department culture and foster strong relationships across domiciles and DC.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experiences:
- High school graduate degree with 2 years higher education – Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years transportation supervisory/management experience required
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of DOT regulations required
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office expertise required
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to analyze situations and drive decisions required
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills required
- Minimum 5-7 years demonstrated experience in budget creation and managing to that budget required
- Experience in a food distribution environment preferred
- Warehouse management system experience preferred
- Demonstrable experience successfully working across functional areas
Physical Demands &Working Conditions:
- Normal office environment. May require sustained periods on warehouse floor
- Normal sit/stand/walk required for an office position that oversees distribution.
- Work is performed in an office, with daily exposure to warehouse environment i.e., noise and vibrations due to materials handling equipment and temperature changes.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time and Holidays
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees