Customer Service Representative
Job ID: CUSTO013194
Primary Location: West Sacramento, CA, US
Date Posted: September 14, 2021
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will ensure that proper care is taken at every touch point of the customer experience. You will resolve routine customer inquiries while providing efficient service through timely response to in-person, telephone, and mail requests. A successful candidate will be able to address the needs of customers and properly channel inquiries; guaranteeing we put our customers first and that every account matters.
- Salary: $17.00/hour
- Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
To apply text CMjobs to 25000 for our Recruiting Assistant!
Responding to telephone, written, and in-person inquiries, requests, and concerns from customers.
- Informing customers of unit prices, shipping dates, anticipated delays, and additional information.
- Filing and running reports as needed.
- Processing customer shorts, mis-picks, and credits.
- Conducting account research and resolving problems.
- Channeling customer inquiries to appropriate departments and documenting customer contacts.
- Assuring that appropriate records are maintained and reports are prepared.
- Resolving customer requests for adjustments to orders and billing.
- Entering and retrieving a variety of information using the computer terminal.
- Assisting customers in the ordering process.
- Maintaining current knowledge of pricing and product availability.
- Understanding, interpreting, and explaining company procedures related to products and pricing.
- Performing other related tasks and duties as assigned.
Skills & Experiences:
- Minimum of one year of customer service experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to add/subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply/divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
- Ability to perform detailed data entry work accurately and efficiently within deadlines.
- Intermediate computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, and ability to type proficiently.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time and Holidays
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees