Job ID: TAXAC12434
Primary Location: Richmond, BC, CA
Date Posted: July 21, 2021
Category: Finance & Accounting
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
The entry-level Tax Accountant will assist with preparation and filing of Canadian and US Sales, Property and Excise tax returns. They will participate in tax research, audits, and other department projects.
- Prepare and file Canadian and U.S. Sales, Excise and Property tax returns
- Prepare tax working papers and reconciliations and investigate discrepancies
- Provide tax and audit support to Core-Mark’s Divisions in the US and Canada
- Prepare and submit tax payment requests
- Prepare mailing envelopes and FedEx packages as needed
- Conduct tax research as required
- Participate in Tax Department projects
Skills & Experiences:
- University/College Business Degree/Diploma with emphasis in Accounting, or currently enrolled student in an accounting or diploma program – preferred
- Accounting Designation – CPA (US or Canada) – a plus
- Exposure to and interest in tax compliance and tax research
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with strong Excel skills
- Experience with SAP (or similar ERP systems) and an aptitude to learn new software
- Strong analytical skills to analyze system data while preparing timely and accurate reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- A team-player with effective interpersonal skills
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Medical Coverage including: Massage Therapy, Chiropractic, and other Paramedical Practitioners
- Core-Benefits: Life (includes dependent coverage), Disability, & Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time, Holidays, & Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Wellness: RRSP with a 50% match on the first 6% contributed, Paid Direct Drug Card, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees