Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show us your power and come explore your opportunities with Core-Mark.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
As a member of our janitorial staff you will be responsible for maintaining a clean, sanitary, and hazard-free environment within the facility. You will directly work towards contributing to the culture of safety and will create an impact for environment of your fellow employees.
- Providing regular cleaning of the facility through vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, mopping and removal of trash.
- Collecting, separating, and baling cardboard boxes.
- Cleaning bathrooms regularly; maintains supply of soap, tissue, and towels.
- Maintaining cleaning supplies and orders as needed.
- Performing specialized cleaning duties as needed.
- Daily recordkeeping of tasks performed as detailed on ‘Master Cleaning Schedule’.
- Using the chemical dilution system and ensuring right cleaning products are used for specific tasks.
- Reading and comprehending Martial Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for approved cleaning products.
- Reporting to supervisor any security or safety concerns observed in the workplace.
- Cleaning in a cooler (36°F) and / or freezer (-10°F) environment.
- May provide snow removal or application of ice melt on outside when conditions warrant.
- Performing other tasks and duties as assigned.
Skills & Experiences:
- Relevant experiences in similar positions.
- Proven ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely and careful manner.
- Ability to read, write and communicate information accurately.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to follow all established procedures and regulations.
- Ability to apply general math and mechanical maintenance.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed is preferred.
Physical Demands &Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to regularly lift, carry, and position: up to 10 lbs. regularly, up to 25 lbs. frequently, and up to 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Physical ability to handle objects, tools, and/or controls.
- Physical ability to stand for a significant period of time and walk continuously.
- Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, reach, or crawl.
- The ability to work in a warehouse environment which will exposure the incumbent to a variety of noises and potential extremes in temperature.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time and Holidays
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees
At Core-Mark we are a family. We are committed to creating an environment that embraces and enables all to reach their full potential. It is through empowering every employee to bring their full self and full power to work that makes Core-Mark collectively stronger.
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.